Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 11-11-2017, 08:35 PM   #31
wolf90

Default Re: Ogre Miniatures Series 1 delivery thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColBosch View Post
Well, once the box shows up, I do plan on doing some sort of tutorial - maybe even a Youtube video - on how to get an army painted and in play as quickly as possible.
Two thumbs on this! I look forward to seeing it!

D.
Proud sponsor of Ogre KS $4.5k Sheet #3 - Bringing the Vatican Guard, a Tiger-striped mercenary unit, and of course pink GEVs, to a game near you! Orders may be placed here.
wolf90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 05:36 AM   #32
tomc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfleisher View Post
Just posted pictures of what's in the standard box on my blog... link below.
Nice! I haven't painted minis in probably 30 years, (egad!) but I think I'll give it a go when mine arrive this (next?) week.

Thanks for the tips!

Freedom of Speech is not Freedom of Podium
tomc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 08:28 AM   #33
Mack_JB

I'm thinking the first one or two sets get simple, quick details picked out so they look sort of like what we see in the computer game version. A dusting of clear coat, finished.

I want to experiment with a splatter technique on the GitD set, as well as on the green set, for a sort of camo job.

One set may get the details picked out, then a healthy dose of "mung wash" -- what I use to stain wood to make it look old, it's Fiebing's black shoe leather liquid dye, diluted heavily in denatured alcohol. Gives you a fast, efficient dirty look. There are other colors available too, so some may work for camo as well.

https://www.fiebing.com/catalogue/dyes/

You can also suspend dry powdered cement pigments in denatured, for a rust wash.
Mack_JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 03:58 PM   #34
ianargent

FedEx says my shipment is in state, but they also say I won't get the package until Tuesday.
ianargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 06:10 PM   #35
adm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianargent View Post
FedEx says my shipment is in state, but they also say I won't get the package until Tuesday.
If you are in Alaska, that could be rather quick. Then, on the other hand, if you are in Rhode Island, that would be really frustrating. ;)
Old 11-12-2017, 06:44 PM   #36
Mack_JB

Since it is FedEx Smartpost, even once FedEx transfers it to the USPS, it adds an extra day. Mine is now at the nearest USPS distribution hub, but delivery is still Tuesday ... which seems like forever knowing what plasticy goodness awaits.
Mack_JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 08:19 PM   #37
offsides

I think part of the problem with FedEx SmartPost is that once they hand it off to the USPS, it's up to the USPS to update tracking info. And the USPS seems like it only updates (maybe) once a day, at 5am (or thereabouts) - I regularly get notice that my package has hit the next point en route after it's been delivered, and don't see the delivery on the tracking status until the day after it happens.

Saturday being a USPS holiday only made things worse - according to FedEx the package left it's hub ~180 miles from me at 5am Saturday, and it hasn't been heard from since (which normally would be a big red flag on FedEx's part given the short distance it needs to go)...
Joshua Megerman, SJGames MIB #5273 - Ogre AI Testing Division
offsides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 08:20 PM   #38
ianargent

East Brunswick, NJ. :)

I could drive there in about 30 minutes, so it must be the handoff to USPS that is delaying till Tuesday.
ianargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 08:48 PM   #39
ColBosch

FedEx said they were delivering yesterday - after all was said and done - but the driver literally just drove by my building and marked the delivery as failed. When I called them to complain, the "customer advocate" started arguing with me. Now they're saying delivery is back to Tuesday.

Worse yet, my fiancee - who is currently laid up at her apartment with a serious concussion - is telling me that several shipments she had going to my place were marked as "undeliverable" by FedEx and returned to the shippers. Meanwhile, USPS and UPS seem to have no trouble ringing my doorbell.

Given the choice, I will not be using FedEx again. Since SJ Games uses them for Kickstarter fulfillment, I am going to have to think long and hard before supporting tomorrow's campaign.
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 10:22 PM   #40
Steve Jackson
President and EIC

That's infuriating. And it sounds like you don't need any petty problems right now. Do they even bother to make an excuse for not finding you?

I hope your fiancee makes a quick recovery.
Steve Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote