Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 11-16-2017, 01:42 PM   #121
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Default Re: Ogre Miniatures Series 1 delivery thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAmishStig View Post
Really hoping we can find some momentum again for Set 2, it seems like we might be stalling out...those grays are just too tempting. 5- to 10- way battles (depending on whether or not I double up on any given force), here I come...
So far, it's following the usual curve: burst at the front, slack off, and [hopefully] pick up at the end.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:33 PM   #122
ParadoxGames

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranitePenguin View Post
So far, it's following the usual curve: burst at the front, slack off, and [hopefully] pick up at the end.
There was a HUGE surge in the end for set 1. And I didn't place my order yet, so it's not over yet if there are many like me! I'l be placing my order soon.
ParadoxGames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 04:25 PM   #123
bms

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranitePenguin View Post
Yeah, really didn't want to open everything, but I suppose it's a good idea to validate the condition of everything.
One thing I did notice with mine is that the dice in the bags for the extra sets had settled in between the Ogre secondary batteries on their sprues and had bent them, so I need to watch for loose secondaries floating around.
bms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 04:37 PM   #124
TheAmishStig

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParadoxGames View Post
There was a HUGE surge in the end for set 1. And I didn't place my order yet, so it's not over yet if there are many like me! I'l be placing my order soon.
Fingers crossed! At this point I'm in the same boat, I have to see how startup costs for a shelter doggo pan out before I can fully commit. Really hoping to bump up to an All the Minis pledge, grow 8 of my existing sets [and maybe add 2-4 more thanks to new color(s), if all the less-than-subtle hinting Phil's been doing about a complete black set down the stretch goal list ends up being true]. The 9th will have to deal, since there's no ala carte glowys this time and I was enamored enough to get 3 sets of 'em.

Also really hoping that the Ogre-only packs they're doing the W23 preorders on end up being viable, even if they stay W23 only. Seems like a great way to bulk out a collection that doesn't need any more conventional troops, especially if they add the Mk.IV, Fencer, etc to the list once the Set 2 KS winds down.
MIB Agent #0460
Ogre 134th Battalion

Lancaster, PA
Imgur: https://agent0460.imgur.com/
TheAmishStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 05:32 PM   #125
ColBosch

Money-wise, this is actually ahead of Set 1 at the same time, though number of backers is slightly down. I don't expect quite as huge a surge as at the end of Set 1, but I can easily see this campaign ending in the $80-100k range.

Besides, those of us at the $75+ tiers have already gotten more value from this campaign than the first one. In the previous campaign, backers at the Many Minis level ($150) got seven sets of minis plus the Objective 218 card game. In this one, at the $140 All the Minis level we're already at 8 full sets of minis plus the eight black bonus pieces. Oh, and this time shipping is free in the US, thanks to the new mailing boxes, saving us something like $25 more.

Similarly, at the current $75 level you get four sets of minis and four bonus pieces. Before, you'd have to pledge at $30 and add on three more $30 sets to get the same, so you'd be at $120 before shipping. As for the $40 base level, it breaks even with the previous $30 tier once you figure in shipping.

So no doom-and-gloom, okay? Even if the campaign closes right now, we're getting a lot of awesome stuff for our money, even more than the previous time.
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 05:59 PM   #126
ColBosch

By the way, if we do get past $75,000, Many Minis will include 375 miniatures, and All The Minis will include a whopping 750!
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 07:16 PM   #127
TheAmishStig

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColBosch View Post
So no doom-and-gloom, okay? Even if the campaign closes right now, we're getting a lot of awesome stuff for our money, even more than the previous time.
Can't speak for anyone else, but on my end it's not intended to be doom-and-gloom so much as it is the super-excited little kid having to be told "Settle down, I know there's presents under the tree but Christmas isn't until tomorrow..."

I see what it is, what it could be, ooh and ahh at what might be beyond the bottom of the current stretch goal list, and am too antsy for my own good.

And after Drew started teasing the KS comments, now I'm biting my lip over Set 2 doing well enough to justify the teased Set 3...
MIB Agent #0460
Ogre 134th Battalion

Lancaster, PA
Imgur: https://agent0460.imgur.com/
TheAmishStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 06:21 AM   #128
J. Durr

My box arrived today! The minis look much crisper than they seemed to me in the photos. They look like proper old school plastic model kits.

I really like the hunter green color.
J. Durr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 09:30 AM   #129
Knockman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColBosch View Post
Sorry Colonel, but as a non-US fan/backer/whatever, I'm a little left out of the loop and in the cold on this one. I seriously want to see this KS succeed, but short of tipping in a solitary US dollar, there's not much point for me to do so.

Instead, I'm told to go to W23 and put in a pre-order. Which seems to be a bit limited with a few of the options missing from this KS project. So by ordering from W23 I maybe missing out?

I understand the reasoning behind this for fulfilment/logistics purposes, but I also think it's denied some international backers from supporting this. And it's been stated you want to go get some more backers? Well, some of us overseas are seriously interested in doing so.

So sorry if you think it's doom-and-gloom - personally and speaking for myself, I'm very disappointed and just a little bit annoyed.

E-mail Contact: tiffingames@gmail.com

BGG Link: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgamee...ponsored-count

Update: 8th June 2018 - officially formatted S&TO Rules Version 3 now available on this website.
Knockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 10:46 AM   #130
RogerBW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockman View Post
Sorry Colonel, but as a non-US fan/backer/whatever, I'm a little left out of the loop and in the cold on this one. I seriously want to see this KS succeed, but short of tipping in a solitary US dollar, there's not much point for me to do so.
Your other option is to sign up with a package forwarding service, pay their price, and give their address to the Kickstarter. This will cost less than postage direct from Austin to you would have been.
RogerBW is online now   Reply With Quote