Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-31-2012, 01:36 AM   #1
Stripe

Default [DF 1-3] Critique Five Pre-Gen Mass-Murdering Burglar Hobos

Greetings!

Very soon, I will run a one-shot dungeon in a large city in Colorado using only the Basic Set, Magic, and Dungeon Fantasy 1-3 (and 8 for treasure). Some other rules may creep into the mix, but those will be the core books used.

The players are encouraged to create characters prior to game day, but only DF1-3 can be used. The only character templates allowed are from DF 1. The disadvantage limit is the standard -50/-5 (DF 1, p. 50).

Also, I'll have a group of five pre-generated characters available, created with advice from my thread Which Four PC Templates? It looks like we'll have four players, but I'm making one extra just in case.

While I'm 16-year veteran GM of GURPS, I've never played or GM'ed Dungeon Fantasy, so I'll appreciate some help.

Normally, GM's favor PC's that are made with imagination rather than Munchkin-ism. However, for this, I want each of the PC's to be min-maxed to the hilt. This is a fantasy special forces/black-ops battle party. We're talking real mass-murdering burglar hobos here.

In addition to loads of perilous encounters against Construct, Mundane and Undead and maybe even some Animal and Demon-class enemies, the dungeon includes a number of puzzles and physical challenges that don't include combat.

Probably the best four- or five-player party combination would include two Knights, a Scout and a Thief, but that may not be the most fun for the players.

In the post below are the five pre-gen PC's: a Barbarian, Cleric, Knight, Scout, Thief and Wizard. Please critique them, but please limit suggestions to RAW DF 1-3. These are the first characters I've ever made using templates, let alone for DF, so I doubt they will be very well made. Hopefully, the collective will fix that!

Thanks so much for helping. I don't want to bomb this as that could have a negative impact on GURPS' reputation across a large population.
Stripe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dungeon fantasy