Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 11-06-2020, 07:59 AM   #1
Anders

Default [Nordlond] Himneskur: Demonic Enmity

Himneskur have something called Demonic Enmity - basically demons know that they are, attack them first and show no mercy.

So do they ignore common sense to do so? Can it be exploited to lure demons into traps and obviously bad tactical situations?
Old 11-06-2020, 08:15 AM   #2
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Default Re: [Nordlond] Himneskur: Demonic Enmity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
Himneskur have something called Demonic Enmity - basically demons know that they are, attack them first and show no mercy.

So do they ignore common sense to do so? Can it be exploited to lure demons into traps and obviously bad tactical situations?
I'd go with no. This isn't "Berserk Demonic Enmity," and it's only a 5-point disad. This is "Oh, I've got to kill that guy over there."

I'd probably adjudicate it as

1. Oh, THAT guy. I want a piece of him. I WAS going off to ravage some livestock, but my plans have now changed.

2. Fight! Can I get to that god-blooded son of a witch? Yes. On, it's on now. No? Then I will do so at first opportunity. Given a choice between two equally available targets, they will always choose the god-blooded.

If they're a trap-laying type, they will lay traps.

Having demonic enmity isn't an invitation for the demons to be stupid; it's a giant bullseye on their forehead for the PC.
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 08:18 AM   #3
Anders

Yeah, that's what I thought. Good.
Old 11-06-2020, 08:22 AM   #4
Harald387

Concur with Doug here: while occasionally letting PCs leverage a disadvantage for their own benefit is nice, this isn't something that should give a combat advantage.

That said, Himneskur can pick up Righteous Challenge from p.6 of Hand of Asgard, which will have that effect.
GP: How can that be?
M2: I don't know man, I didn't do it.
Harald387 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
himneskur, noršlond