Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 08-27-2007, 11:45 AM   #21
Mysteris

Default Re: In Nomine: The Mile Higher Club (IC)

Nain was leaning casually on the bar at her "day job". Of course, the place wasn't even open yet. She was just stocking up for the night's rush. "Hey Mitch. Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. That guy gave me the creeps and I thought I was immune to the creeps. I haven't heard anything about this guy on my end, but some of my friends checked in on those two kids from Gothfest '07 and I think there might be a shot of pulling them out of the Hellfire if you take my drift. Oh yeah, and I found out that our would-be summoner has some big-shot reputation around town as a guy not to be trifled with. Probably nothing you didn't already know but..."

She shrugged before remembering that he couldn't see it. "I'm free for a few hours. Where would you like to meet?"
Mysteris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 03:36 AM   #22
Methariel

Default Sword-bearing cavalry arriving

So he had arrived at the city that was in the hands of the Adversary.
Shenmachel took a deep breath and was waiting for his baggage to appear on the band-conveyor. When it did, he took the suitcase and the travelling bag off of it and started walking, in search of an exit.
Just before leaving the giant building he put the baggage on the floor and snatched his cell phone out of the travelling bag and dialled a number given to him by his office - contacting the local Federal Air Marshalls bureau.

"Hello? - I'm called Gerhard Reuter. I have been asked to contact you when I'd arrive at Los Angeles, which I have, by now. I hope I have been announced to you by my office? It had been said that you'd hold the necessary information for me, as well as the address of the hotel I will live in."
Old 08-29-2007, 11:27 AM   #23
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: Sword-bearing cavalry arriving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methariel
---------edit-----------dialled a number given to him by his office - contacting the local Federal Air Marshalls bureau.

"Hello? - I'm called Gerhard Reuter. I have been asked to contact you when I'd arrive at Los Angeles, which I have, by now. I hope I have been announced to you by my office? It had been said that you'd hold the necessary information for me, as well as the address of the hotel I will live in."
A professional female voice: "Mr. Wyatt is expecting your call, but he's in the field at this time. One moment Mr. Reuter while I connect your call." After a short period on hold. the phone rings and 'John Wyatt' answers.

"Hello Mr. Reuter? I've got you set up at the Westin temporarily, but if you're going to be here awhile I'll work on getting you an apartment. As far as what you need to know, I'm not comfortable with that over the phone so I'll have to see you tomorrow when I'm back in town. Meanwhile there's a...pawnshop owned by someone else in the choir, so if you're really gung-ho to get up-to-date you might check in with him. He goes by Mitch." and gives the address of the Tradewinds as it is written on the business card.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:07 PM   #24
Puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteris
Nain was leaning casually on the bar at her "day job". Of course, the place wasn't even open yet. She was just stocking up for the night's rush. "Hey Mitch. Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. That guy gave me the creeps and I thought I was immune to the creeps. I haven't heard anything about this guy on my end, but some of my friends checked in on those two kids from Gothfest '07 and I think there might be a shot of pulling them out of the Hellfire if you take my drift. Oh yeah, and I found out that our would-be summoner has some big-shot reputation around town as a guy not to be trifled with. Probably nothing you didn't already know but..."

She shrugged before remembering that he couldn't see it. "I'm free for a few hours. Where would you like to meet?"
"Hmm, how about The Blue Dog. It's a coffeeshop on Fairfax." As he talks he gathers up his things and starts heading towards the airport parking lot.
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 03:26 AM   #25
Methariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC
---EDIT---
"Hello Mr. Reuter? I've got you set up at the Westin temporarily, but if you're going to be here awhile I'll work on getting you an apartment. As far as what you need to know, I'm not comfortable with that over the phone so I'll have to see you tomorrow when I'm back in town. Meanwhile there's a...pawnshop owned by someone else in the choir, so if you're really gung-ho to get up-to-date you might check in with him. He goes by Mitch." and gives the address of the Tradewinds as it is written on the business card.
"Well, thank you, Mr. Wyatt. While I only can guess what "gung-ho" means - I have to apologize for not being familiar with slang-terms - I will pay the address given by you a visit.
Concerning the duration of my stay I think that I'll be at Los Angeles at least for the conference, as is required by me, but I do plan to lengthen my stay here further.
So I hope we'll see each other tomorrow; would 4 p.m. at the hotel's lobby be okay? Oh, and thank you for putting me up.
Until tomorrow, bye."

Shenmachel put the cell phone into his jacket, pausing a moment to think. So the Soldier in his office working for a fellow angel seemed to have arranged everything well - at least if "pawnshop" and "choir" were the signal words they seemed to be.
Then he stepped out of the building and asked someone for the way to the Westin. After getting the description, he started walking.

When he arrived, he checked in, trying to avoid conversation with the friendly clerk at the reception - he definitely was no fan of small talk.
(If there is a form to be filled, Shenmachel requests the clerk to write for him, to avoid writing "Gerhard Reuter" where "Name" is to be put in. Instead, he wordlessly lays down his passport on the counter and lets the clerk write.
He sighs thankfully when the clerk asks for "A signature here, please" - and not "Your signature here, please" - and writes down his Role's name.)
Then he takes his baggage to his room personally, changes clothes and leaves again, calling for a cab to drive him to the "pawnshop" mentioned by Corat.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:19 PM   #26
Puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metharie

When he arrived, he checked in, trying to avoid conversation with the friendly clerk at the reception - he definitely was no fan of small talk.
(If there is a form to be filled, Shenmachel requests the clerk to write for him, to avoid writing "Gerhard Reuter" where "Name" is to be put in. Instead, he wordlessly lays down his passport on the counter and lets the clerk write.
He sighs thankfully when the clerk asks for "A signature here, please" - and not "Your signature here, please" - and writes down his Role's name.)
Then he takes his baggage to his room personally, changes clothes and leaves again, calling for a cab to drive him to the "pawnshop" mentioned by Corat.
Mitchim swung his car into the small parking lot attached to his pawnshop and got out. As he unlocked the front door he left a voicemail on Nain's phone "Hey, I'm running a bit late, had to swing by the shop to pick up some notes I've made." Hanging up he steped inside and glanced around, feeling a small surge of pleasure. The shop was small, but clean and neatly arranged. In addition to the normal musical instruments and eletronics there were several racks of clothing, some shelves of old books and even a few paintings. He closed the door behind him and steped into the back room where he had left his notes.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:30 AM   #27
Methariel

When the cab arrived at the shop, Shenmachel hurried to get out of it. This driver...the interior of the cab...this city really had problems with the ones Below. He paid the driver, straightened up and walked to the entrance of the shop, entering after examining the outside for a while.

Inside, he took a few steps towards the right wall and turned around, looking over the interior, finding the shop extremely well ordered and certainly appealing to a human customer.
There he was standing, apparently a tall, blond man with light blue, almost grey eyes and a stern facial expression. His posture was rigidly erect, and his suit, which was of a very dark blue tone, seemed to have been ironed very lately.
Looking around again, he decided to wait.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:56 AM   #28
Mysteris

"Hmm, how about The Blue Dog. It's a coffeeshop on Fairfax." As he talks he gathers up his things and starts heading towards the airport parking lot.

"The Blue Dog works. See you in thirty?"

She was already headed towards her car. It wasn't like the night's prep couldn't wait a bit.
Mysteris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 01:48 PM   #29
Puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methariel
When the cab arrived at the shop, Shenmachel hurried to get out of it. This driver...the interior of the cab...this city really had problems with the ones Below. He paid the driver, straightened up and walked to the entrance of the shop, entering after examining the outside for a while.

Inside, he took a few steps towards the right wall and turned around, looking over the interior, finding the shop extremely well ordered and certainly appealing to a human customer.
There he was standing, apparently a tall, blond man with light blue, almost grey eyes and a stern facial expression. His posture was rigidly erect, and his suit, which was of a very dark blue tone, seemed to have been ironed very lately.
Looking around again, he decided to wait.
Hearing the small bell over the door jingle as someone walked in, Mitchim steped out of his office. He looked a touch suprised to see the very well dressed man standing in his shop. Defintly not one his normal customers. "Hello, may I help you?"
Old 09-03-2007, 04:25 AM   #30
Methariel

Shenmachel turned towards Mitch, looked at him for a moment and then answered:

"Good afternoon, sir. I was sent here by someone who goes by the name of John Wyatt. A mutual acquaintance, I presume? That is, if you are the "Mitch" he referred to.
He told me that you'd be able to update me to the situation in this city, if I understood him correctly.
Oh, I forgot: I'm called Gerhard Reuter."

Tags
in nomine