Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 10-09-2007, 04:52 PM   #141
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: The Mile Higher Club (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudeboyscott
((OOC: Stop trying to make me think I'm crazy :) ))

"Hmm?" the Elohite turns slowly, regarding Ryuli serenely. "Cured of what, Ryuki? I have merely...eased his distress at this entire situation."

Aaron cants his head slightly to regard Corat. Lost in the Symphony as he was, Aaron had almost forgotten why he was singing. Now that Corat's agitation was under control, the rest of this charade could play itself out...but quickly, as the song would not ease Corat's suffering for any length of time.

"Ryuki, I must apologize for my earlier behavior," Aaron says ((OOC: Emoting a mix of pleasure and admiration, as if Ryuki had just passed a test)), approaching the Asian man across the thick carpeting. The large angel of Destiny holds his hands up in a non-threatening gesture, extending his beefy hand to the sorceror in a gesture of reconciliation. He turns on the charm a bit as he speaks.

"You have impressed me, even under extreme provocation. And, with the reassurance of my friend," he continues, nodding at Shenmachel, "I can conclude that you are not the stereotypical 'sorceror.' I'm sure a man of your caliber understands our caution, especially when the...aid...we can offer to a worthy person is so much sought after."
((OOC LOL an Elohite and a Tradesman at once. Poor Ryuki doesn't stand a chance! ;) ))

He looks around the room and then seems to calculate something in his head. He does not take the outstretched hand though, letting his right hand fall slightly but still well within reach of that sword. After he's figured out whatever it was he was thinking, he gives Aaron a small bow.

He looks to Mitchim. "I don't know more, but I can find more. His..." he shoots Shenmachel/Gerhard a glance, choosing his words carefully, "former address is easy to get. From there... His ex-wife will have seen changes. We might recognize what they mean."

"I'm pretty sure that what I did to that door won't hurt you. It would be payment enough to see you walk through it." He senses that this is not enough, but takes a moment to see what everyone in the room is feeling, what they expect. (Simple Skill test, running it here, will PM you if he wins and you can let me know whether it's anything that isn't obvious.) Finding his guests trustworthy enough, he adds, "It's my own creation, and I'd like to see if it works. That would be of inestimable value to me."

Corat mutters, "Jacka**", and Ryuki has to check himself to keep from laughing. "You can kick my ass later."

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 10-09-2007 at 05:13 PM. Reason: fixing the swearword to something more descriptive
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 04:57 PM   #142
Sylver
MIB

Rina-el comes back into the room carrying everyone's favorite tea (or coffee, if that's their poison of choice..)

She places the tray on the living room table and turns back to Ryuki, giving him a small bow and offering a cup of tea with both hands.

"Is there anyone in particular you want to have try the door? If not, I'm happy to walk out for you."

She smiles at him, then mischievously decides to sit in Shenachel's lap until her host deigns to answer..

;-)
Hugs!
Sylver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 05:05 PM   #143
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylver
Rina-el ...
She places the tray on the living room table and turns back to Ryuki, giving him a small bow and offering a cup of tea with both hands.

"Is there anyone in particular you want to have try the door? If not, I'm happy to walk out for you."
He accepts the tea with just his left hand, and shrugs.

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 10-09-2007 at 05:24 PM. Reason: details...
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 07:59 PM   #144
Mysteris

Nain looked on with a facade of calm, not entirely trusting Ryuki's sudden change in demeanor. Still, she'd read his Needs and Aaron seemed to be taking the right tack with him. She looked warily at the door, then looked at Rina and shook her head. She looked to Shen and gestured towards the door. She didn't like it, but winning Ryuki's respect could be the key to helping him achieve his Destiny, so she had to make the best effort she could in that direction.
Mysteris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 02:04 AM   #145
Methariel

[OOC: So for the cavalry to charge...a door? ;) ]

The Seraph looks surprised when the Mercurian decides to sit in his lap - a surprise that turns towards quite an annoyed look quickly. He mutters to her:

"Would you please...!"

Then he gets Nain's gesture and slides Rina-el politely, almost gently, from his lap and into his seat while standing up, buttoning his jacket.

"You're quite evasive about the door, Ryuki."

He looks straight into the eyes of the sorcerer.

"Perhaps you'll describe to us - in layman's terms - what you hope will happen. I think I can understand your eagerness; one always wants to know if the latest...technique...learned actually works.
I'm ready to walk through your door, though. So, if you were so kind...?
Ah, and you others, please remember me to share my thoughts about Pepito with you later on."
Old 10-10-2007, 03:42 AM   #146
Sylver
MIB

Rina-el laughs a little to herself at Shenmachel's reactions. Then, picking up Nain's head shake, she takes a cup of tea and settles into her chair to watch the.. erm.. entertainment. She keeps an eye on Ryuki and another on Corat, to make sure he's okay and not going to do anything regrettable..
Old 10-10-2007, 11:46 AM   #147
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methariel
[OOC: So for the cavalry to charge...a door? ;) ]
.........edit.............
"You're quite evasive about the door, Ryuki."

He looks straight into the eyes of the sorcerer.

"Perhaps you'll describe to us - in layman's terms - what you hope will happen. I think I can understand your eagerness; one always wants to know if the latest...technique...learned actually works.
I'm ready to walk through your door, though. So, if you were so kind...?
Ah, and you others, please remember me to share my thoughts about Pepito with you later on."
He senses that Gerhard is about to indulge his request, and is pleased. "It's a warding--like a binding but around a space instead of an individual. The common version is built to hold demons out. However I've modified it to try to hold angels in." He pauses, thinking. "My interest is who it will hold, and for how long. With modifications there's always the slight risk of making unwanted changes, but I know what I'm doing. The original won't hurt a demon, and so this one shouldn't hurt you."

((OOC cue the bugle...))
Old 10-10-2007, 12:10 PM   #148
Puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC
He senses that Gerhard is about to indulge his request, and is pleased. "It's a warding--like a binding but around a space instead of an individual. The common version is built to hold demons out. However I've modified it to try to hold angels in." He pauses, thinking. "My interest is who it will hold, and for how long. With modifications there's always the slight risk of making unwanted changes, but I know what I'm doing. The original won't hurt a demon, and so this one shouldn't hurt you."

((OOC cue the bugle...))
Mitch shoots a quick glance at Corat, knowing how upsetting this must be to the Windy. Turning his gaze back to Ryuki he says calmly "Why would you want to hold an angel against their will? Surely if your intentions were honorable you would be able to come a mutualy satisfactory end to your dealings"
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 12:17 PM   #149
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck
Mitch shoots a quick glance at Corat, knowing how upsetting this must be to the Windy. Turning his gaze back to Ryuki he says calmly "Why would you want to hold an angel against their will? Surely if your intentions were honorable you would be able to come a mutualy satisfactory end to your dealings"

Corat's okay for the moment, and while Ryuki also spares a glance to make sure he's okay, he's noticed your concern too and seems to be trying to figure that out.

"Why fly to the moon?"
Old 10-10-2007, 12:34 PM   #150
Sylver
MIB

"Ryuki, such a warding seems to be only useful to people who are doing particularly Infernal activities.. As you have repeatedly mentioned that you are not consorting with Demons, why on Earth would you want to create something like this?"

Rina-el gets up and walks over to the window beside Corat. "I wonder if that pigeon is still around.. I think he'll like the cake I saved him.."

Tags
in nomine