Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 03-25-2014, 09:08 PM   #41
Justin_Bedard

Default Re: Fantasies of dreams [OOC]

I tried to come up with some fun loot... but then again, the stuff you'll get in the dungeon is more or less of same value... The boots are "priceless", the steam grappler can be used in multiple situations. hell, if Perlion would've stayed on "track" he'd have gotten a laser gun! (well, something similar)
Justin_Bedard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:37 PM   #42
the_matrix_walker

If he had mentioned the snake and chest, I've had tried to go back!
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 10:44 PM   #43
Justin_Bedard

He can't now. Originally, both groups were in different dimensions, with the triangular piece some ways back acting as a portal joining the two into the final boss room. Since he "jumped" his parts (and ruined some of the maze), he lost the ability to grab an important piece, which he could have used in the fight against Prometheus (A fire Jet rod, with an amazing range and tight beam. That and the steam grappler would have been able to pierce the titan's weak spot: the eye) Since we can't jump to that dimensional hole, he's lost an amazing item... and now gets the door prize; the spirit stone.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:55 PM   #44
the_matrix_walker

That's a shame... So for the Named Possession thing and feeding it spirit gems, can I sense it wants to "eat" the one I have, or could I have read that in the game's manual? And should I roleplay trying to figure out the glitch items, or do I just know how to equip the stuff because it's a "game"?

(I hadn't defined it, but I was considering the idea that his home world was higher tech than fantasy, maybe even current day with magic.. never got a chance to talk to you about that.)

And I will add it to the character sheet...

Named Possession: "Provider" (Cursed Morph Ring) [1]

(What's the deal with "Cursed" anyway? Should I want to get rid of it?)

Last edited by the_matrix_walker; 03-25-2014 at 11:16 PM.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:57 AM   #45
Justin_Bedard

It's just "cursed", meaning it holds a negative effect. not the other kind of cursed (as in life-threatening, die-if-you-use-it sense).

If you're boosting Charike's base TL, make sure it's counterbalanced (unless you sink some of you're gained points into it...)

He can "hold" it, and even learn how to fire it, but he'd get a default at -6 for the tech level difference and unlearned skill, until he understood how it worked, or someone trains him... you should just wait 'till Daclides, it's a steampunk-esque town instead of fantasy.
Old 03-26-2014, 12:22 PM   #46
Justin_Bedard

Fire Rod (1lb, priceless)
A foot long rod, ending in a curved circle. When flicked, a flame of jet erupts from the front of it, burning all that it reaches.

USE: Flame Jet lv. 2
FP COST: 2/ Per use

Last edited by Justin_Bedard; 03-27-2014 at 07:15 AM.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:28 PM   #47
Justin_Bedard

So... What's up with Cyriak?
I based him off of the animator of the same name. He makes surreal animations by combining moving parts of video. (For example, the movement of a hand) So, the that's the theme of the boss: an infinite mass of moving parts, fumbling and changing!
At least the "mini-boss" version of him was original... as well as the dungeon, the other bosses, and the setting.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:31 PM   #48
the_matrix_walker

I just watched it, Funky!

Why was my rapier wooden though? is my ring busted already?
Old 03-27-2014, 11:34 PM   #49
Justin_Bedard

You didn't state a material... I could have made it out of something completely useless... like creamed cheese! But I decided to stick to solid materials only. So wood's the default unless you "think" of the material as well as the form. Hell, you could make a force sword if you knew how it worked!
Old 03-27-2014, 11:40 PM   #50
the_matrix_walker

So you think Charike was envisioning wood? A very fine weapon is so due to it's materials and balance. I'm not interested in carefully describing every physical aspect possible every time I use this thing like I'm drafting a document... Doesn't the thing work from the mental image Charike's summoning? when it made the knife, it was just he was focused on it and thought knife.

Tags
banestorm, homebrew, upbp