Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Warehouse 23 > Warehouse 23 Digital

Old 04-16-2023, 03:45 AM   #21
RogerBW

Default Re: Still no downloads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallatari View Post
I'm in no rush, as I don't need to download anything at this point in time. I'm just wondering if I should be doing a detailed analysis of what I'm still missing in the new store at this point in time or not.
Indeed, an official message to the effect of "we've finished migrating accounts, please now check that everything is there" would be very helpful.
RogerBW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 02:21 PM   #22
Taneli

Yeah, I'm still missing like 70% of my past purchases from the new store, I've reached out to SJG for help, they wanted me to list all the items missing, from about 450 items purchased over about 20 years... Ok, so I did provide the list, wasting hours of my free time doing it, thanks a lot for the amazing customer experience!

And the reply I got was that "those should be available for you in teh new store." Thank you for wasting my time and losing my purchased items!

I'm not going to buy anything from SJG until they get their **** together and fix the damn issue and then provide some sort of concrete apology for screwing up this whole thing.
Taneli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 05:55 PM   #23
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
I've noticed this as well for Action 1 and 2 in my archive ... inaccessible in the old store, not yet added to the new.
I'm happy to report that all my PDFs are now available in the archive with the missing files now in their spruced-up POD versions. Thanks, guys!

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 08:38 PM   #24
Celjabba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
I'm happy to report that all my PDFs are now available in the archive with the missing files now in their spruced-up POD versions. Thanks, guys!
Great news !

Still missing 200+ files on my side including a few that are no longer available on the archive due to POD upgrade :( , but there is hope :)

I *think* they are actually there, in the unsearchable order list, just not in the download list.
Celjabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 12:46 PM   #25
mburr0003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulon View Post
Simply put, the only thing in this situation that's worse than the performance of the new site when the old one went down is the communication from SJGames about the new site's issues.
Lack of communication from most sectors in SJG is such an old bug it's been incorporated as a documented feature.
mburr0003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 04:28 PM   #26
Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mburr0003 View Post
Lack of communication from most sectors in SJG is such an old bug it's been incorporated as a documented feature.
Until this current issue, I have honestly felt that the communication levels have been "as expected". Which is not to say they were always great, but you had a couple of people here and there at differing levels providing some engagement (sometimes a lot), and that was OK. I don't think everyone at SJG should be required to be highly active on the forums, for example. I don't think they're being paid to do that and when they do spend time here I am sure it's entirely on their own time. For that, my sincere appreciation to them.

This situation, though, which effectively culminated in Hunter (the marketing director) closing down public engagement on the topic, was extremely disappointing. I tried to reach out, but he didn't respond to a private message (which was in no way rude or inappropriate). Honestly, if the only time I can remember someone posting is to shut down posting, well, not a great look.

I'm hopeful that, despite the utter silence with which they are proceeding, they are in fact proceeding and one day it will work.
All losses are restored and sorrows end."
Farmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 08:13 PM   #27
mburr0003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer View Post
I don't think everyone at SJG should be required to be highly active on the forums, for example.
That's really not what I meant, and I generally do agree with you, those who are engaged with the public are generally really good at it. Perhaps "most sectors" was overly broad and harsh.

And 'perhaps' is probably not nearly a strong enough word.

I should have plainly said; when someone promises something is going to be done, just deciding not to and then never mentioning it again, isn't "good communication". At least come out and update the public on the new policy of "and we're just not going to do [thing] ever again".

It feels like it's feeding into this issue of "not talk about the bugs and maybe the customers will stop complaining about them".
mburr0003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 08:43 PM   #28
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mburr0003 View Post
It feels like it's feeding into this issue of "not talk about the bugs and maybe the customers will stop complaining about them".
I agree communication is important and a key part of quality customer service.
On the other hand I have my sympathies and more tolerance than some as I know the pains of being in a position where you have very little staff.
Far as I know they only have one web guy and time spent answering questions on the forums is time not fixing bugs or updating the data.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 03:03 AM   #29
Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
Far as I know they only have one web guy and time spent answering questions on the forums is time not fixing bugs or updating the data.
Which is why someone from management should be providing the updates. Less questions would be asked if information was regularly being provided.
All losses are restored and sorrows end."
Farmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 03:42 AM   #30
adm

I will note, that when I posted in Steven Marsh's latest release post that new releases were not showing up on the new releases section of W/E23, it was fixed over night.