Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 11-12-2011, 12:53 PM   #1
B9anders

Default What techniques/attacks can be used with Super Jump and Flying Leap?

Flying Leap suggests that one can jump into someone as part of an attack:

Quote:
Originally Posted by B196
You may use Flying Leap to jump into someone as part of an attack.
Such attacks are at an extra -2 to hit, but if you do hit, triple your ST for damage and knockback purposes.

In a slam or collision, calculate Move from jumping distance as described for Super Jump (p. 89), and use this velocity to calculate damage.
Super Jump (and as per above, Flying Leap) gives the opportunity to do 'jump slamps':

Quote:
Originally Posted by B89
You can jump at a foe in order to slam him. Figure the slam at your maximum jumping Move! You don’t need to make a separate roll to jump accurately.
Furthermore, Powers also suggests that Super Jump can be used for more than just slams:

Quote:
Originally Posted by P80
Talent adds to DX and Jumping rolls to take off and land, and to rolls to hit with jumping slams or kicks while using this ability
So my question is: What kind of attacks can one use Super Jump and Flying Leap with? From what I can tell, there is Jump Kick, slams and flying tackles. Martial Arts adds Flying Jump Kick. Could it be used for more than this or is it limited to specific 'jump' techniques?
B9anders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 01:59 PM   #2
Refplace

Default Re: What techniques/attacks can be used with Super Jump and Flying Leap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by B9anders View Post
So my question is: What kind of attacks can one use Super Jump and Flying Leap with? From what I can tell, there is Jump Kick, slams and flying tackles. Martial Arts adds Flying Jump Kick. Could it be used for more than this or is it limited to specific 'jump' techniques?
I just built maneuvers off of slams and used the rest above.
But any move and attack based maneuver is at least a candidate to work with when coming up with something.
Refplace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 06:11 PM   #3
Psychotime

Default Re: What techniques/attacks can be used with Super Jump and Flying Leap?

Personally I thought Flying Leap was too strong and Flying Jump Kick and Flying Lunge are much better substitutes. Power Blow should be all you need.

RAIDA KIKKU!

EDIT: Oh, Supers has Human Missile. There's something to answer your question.

Last edited by Psychotime; 11-12-2011 at 07:41 PM.
Psychotime is offline   Reply With Quote