Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Character Assistant

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2014, 10:08 PM   #11
Ragabash Moon

Default Re: Cars and TL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmedwards View Post
Every Basic Set vehicle in GURPS Basic Set 4th Ed.--Characters.gdf includes a techlvl() tag (unsure why Armin missed them, using Full Edit maybe?), some also include the same information in their Name Extension.

Phoenix always displays the Name Extension, so if it's in there, you'll have to change/remove it as desired.

Additionally, for equipment, Phoenix adds the TL listed within the techlvl() tag to the list of trait properties. You can control whether this happens with options under the Equipment/Load-Out Options section (there are two, one each for the equipment and load-out blocks). To change/remove the listed TL itself, you must use the Advanced edit window (Full Edit is not enough as it does not show the techlvl() tag).

I'm assuming the problem here is that everyone is using the Full Edit window, instead of the Advanced edit window, and are thus missing the techlvl() tag.

AAAH, yeah didn't think of going to advanced... so I can up the TL there? Heh thanks! :D Then yeah knowing where the option in the character sheet is to not display the TL is great too! Thanks alot :D

EDIT: Awesome! I changed the TL for my Audi to 8, verified that Phoenix SHOWED it as an 8, then told Phoenix to stop showing it :D Thanks again!

Cleopatra: Whenever she assigned me to the switch, was that Voice, or was Raina influencing her thinking? Because, I mean, if it was Raina, she got inside my head and decided that I would screw it up.

Last edited by Ragabash Moon; 10-25-2014 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Huzzah!
Ragabash Moon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gca4, tech level, vehicles