Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 07-24-2011, 04:59 AM   #1
Azel

Default Krokodil: Fleurity & Saminga's new fruit.

Oh, I just love inspiration from the real world to import into my games. So I present you with a bit of earthly misery that easily coincides with IN canon. Superiors' 4 Rogues to Riches, Fleurity aligns with Saminga in an effort to test greater drugs and amp up their fearsome social cache.

It's krokodil, a crystal meth lab version of heroin. Cheaper, dirtier, and more corrosive than before. Fleurity has been a busy little bee since his ascendancy with crack cocaine. With crystal for methamphetamine, and now krokodil for heroin, one can see his alliance with Saminga bearing fruit...

The Independent UK, "Krokodil: The drug that eats junkies" Wed, 33 June, 2011.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...s-2300787.html

"It is a drug for the poor, and its effects are horrific. It was given its reptilian name because its poisonous ingredients quickly turn the skin scaly. Worse follows. Oleg and Sasha have not been using for long, but Oleg has rotting sores on the back of his neck.

"If you miss the vein, that's an abscess straight away," says Sasha. Essentially, they are injecting poison directly into their flesh. One of their friends, in a neighbouring apartment block, is further down the line.

"She won't go to hospital, she just keeps injecting. Her flesh is falling off and she can hardly move anymore," says Sasha. Photographs of late-stage krokodil addicts are disturbing in the extreme. Flesh goes grey and peels away to leave bones exposed. People literally rot to death."

Unpleasant dreams!
Azel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:00 AM   #2
Phoenix42

Default Re: Krokodil: Fleurity & Saminga's new fruit.

Oh my god...

I'm not sure whether to congratulate you on your find or run around screaming...

On second thoughts, I opt for both... *runsaroundscreaming*

that's better - well found, that is truly worthy of hell...

Got any more? (why do I ask, why Do I ask, why do I...)
Phoenix42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:31 PM   #3
robkelk
Untitled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix42 View Post
Got any more? (why do I ask, why Do I ask, why do I...)
Whoonga - a mixture of heroin and rat poison, popular in some of the poorer parts of South Africa. The rat poison makes you sick, but the heroin makes you feel good... and the heroin wears off before the immediate illness caused by the rat poison does, so you have to take more whoonga to dull the pain.

(Most 'net stories - including Wikipedia - claim that HIV antiviral medicines are a basic component of whoonga, but an actual study of samples of the drug failed to turn up any antivirals in its makeup.)

I heard about this drug from this podcast produced by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (a usually-reliable source). From the podcast: "Junkies get sick if they take it, and sicker if they don't."
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.

Last edited by robkelk; 07-28-2011 at 06:35 PM.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 06:49 PM   #4
Phoenix42

It sounds believable enough - rat poison acts as a blood thinner, so it would make sense that it actually emphasises the (probably highly cut) heroin. Thanks - and *shivers*
Phoenix42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fleurity, saminga