Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-20-2020, 11:53 AM   #971
DaltonS

Default Re: GURPS Spaceships Design Spreadsheet

FWIW: Just noticed the Kobold Work Bug (SS6:12) has a Troop Strength of 583 on the spreadsheet. Must be kind of crowded at SM+5. ;) (Seems hard coded since I can't change it.)
Dalton “Think of the pilot's bar tab!” Spence
DaltonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 12:12 PM   #972
Anders

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonS View Post
FWIW: Just noticed the Kobold Work Bug (SS6:12) has a Troop Strength of 583 on the spreadsheet. Must be kind of crowded at SM+5. ;) (Seems hard coded since I can't change it.)
Dalton “Think of the pilot's bar tab!” Spence
Kobolds are very very smol.
Old 09-20-2020, 09:40 PM   #973
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.

Quote:
Troop Strength is based on a formula that includes Weapon and dDR (plus some other combat systems). The Work Bug has a large mining laser and is fairly well armored, making it attack capable. At TS 583 it is well below any of the other attack-capable SM+5 ships. For full details see the rules for calculating Spaceship TS from Pyramid #3/30.

If you want to zero out the TS get rid of the Weapon Battery then create a User System called "Mining Laser" that uses 1 PP and has the cost of a Major Weapon Battery.
Kaboom-baya.

Last edited by ericbsmith; 09-20-2020 at 09:46 PM.
ericbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 09:42 PM   #974
Prince Charon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
Kobolds are very very smol.
How small? Are they smurfs (this would actually be possible in TransHuman Space, IIRC)?

"The more corrupt a government, the more it legislates."
-- Tacitus

Five Earths, All in a Row. Updated 12/17/2022: Apocrypha: Bridges out of Time, Part I has been posted.
Prince Charon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 06:02 AM   #975
DaltonS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericbsmith View Post
Troop Strength is based on a formula that includes Weapon and dDR (plus some other combat systems). The Work Bug has a large mining laser and is fairly well armored, making it attack capable. At TS 583 it is well below any of the other attack-capable SM+5 ships. For full details see the rules for calculating Spaceship TS from Pyramid #3/30.

If you want to zero out the TS get rid of the Weapon Battery then create a User System called "Mining Laser" that uses 1 PP and has the cost of a Major Weapon Battery.
Okay, that's doable. Thank you. I'd still like a switch that could suppress displaying troop strength altogether. I prefer to design non-fighting vessels and structures and it's not appropriate there.
Dalton “Why can't we just all get along?” Spence
Old 09-25-2020, 04:09 PM   #976
ericbsmith

Version 2.0 Release Candidate 30
-Fixed bug where Troop Strength was always calculated and shown on the output, regardless of the state of the "Calculate Troop Strength" button.
-Fixed a few bugs with regards to Spin Tethers
-Fixed issues with Solar Panels where the Solar Luminosity & Distance has been set and partial power points are generated. The sheet will now track all power produced for all panels grouped together, rounding down Power Points generated to 1/3. The sheet will also track total power points generated from all panels and add them together, rounding that total down to the nearest whole Power Point (or 1/3 Power Point if Combine Large & Small PP is selected). This does mean that total Power Generated may be slightly more than that displayed by each set of panels; for instance, if Lum is set to 1.2 then each panel will produce 1.2 PP; five panels would thus produce 6 PP, but depending on how those 5 panels are installed on the sheet they may show as little as 1 PP generated each.
-Hangar Bay option Optimized for [Craft] now allows you to select the craft from a drop-down menu of craft from the Save Sheets. However, for both this field and the craft selection field in Vehicle Dock you may also type in the name of a craft in addition to using the drop-down menu.

You can download the spreadsheet here:

Excel 2000 (RC30)
http://gurpsland.no-ip.org/zip/SpaceshipsV2.zip
http://gurpsland.no-ip.org/zip/SpaceshipsV2.7z

Excel 2007 (RC30)
http://gurpsland.no-ip.org/zip/SpaceshipsV2-2007.zip
http://gurpsland.no-ip.org/zip/SpaceshipsV2-2007.7z

OpenOffice 3.3.0 (RC9)
http://gurpsland.no-ip.org/zip/SpaceshipsV2-Ooo.zip
http://gurpsland.no-ip.org/zip/SpaceshipsV2-Ooo.7z

Spaceships Optional Rules
http://gurpsland.no-ip.org/pdf/Space...ionalRules.pdf
Kaboom-baya.

Last edited by ericbsmith; 09-25-2020 at 06:34 PM.
Old 09-25-2020, 06:11 PM   #977
DaltonS

You need to update the RC numbers next to the links.
Dalton “Quick to Pick a Nit. And Thanks!” Spence
Old 09-25-2020, 08:44 PM   #978
DaltonS

Selective Automation
I seem to remember that in a earlier edition of the spreadsheet it was possible to automate individual systems. I understand if it can no longer be possible but I would like to be able to automate a single hull section. Why? So I can put an unshielded reactor or drive there without endangering maintenance crews. I keep remembering the Discovery in "2001: A Space Odyssey" where the nuclear engines were kept a long way from the habitat module. I'm sure HAL took care of that system (before he took care of the crew).
Dalton “Open the pod bay doors, HAL.” Spence
Old 09-27-2020, 08:01 PM   #979
DaltonS

I've noticed that whenever I reload one of my saved ships the "Calculate Troop Strength" option is set on even if it was off when I last saved it. Is this a glitch? Also is there any way to save multiple campaign settings so I can use specific ones with multiple ship designs? If so, maybe you could add "Solar Power Options" to the campaign setting.
Dalton “with big plans for some 'Domed Mars' designs” Spence
Old 09-27-2020, 10:08 PM   #980
ericbsmith

Quote:
I've noticed that whenever I reload one of my saved ships the "Calculate Troop Strength" option is set on even if it was off when I last saved it. Is this a glitch?
I'm not seeing that on a ship I just saved & reloaded. I don't think that should have been an issue with previously saved ships, either, since the issue I fixed was with the Design Table not respecting the state of the button in regards to displaying the results. (note that Troop Strength is always calculated, regardless of the checkbox; technically the checkbox only affects whether or not that information will be displayed on the ship and the output sheets).

Quote:
Also is there any way to save multiple campaign settings so I can use specific ones with multiple ship designs? If so, maybe you could add "Solar Power Options" to the campaign setting.
Any time you reset the design table, save, or reload a ship there are a series of checkboxes on the right-side of the dialog box where you can choose which sections to save, load, or reset. What you want to do is create a "dummy" ship - name it Mars Campaign Settings or something - and save just the Campaign Options (this is the information from the same-named tab) and the Ship Options (this is the information from the Design Table from the Ship Options, Features, etc section of the sheet). Then you can reload this before you start a new ship.
Kaboom-baya.

Tags
design, game aids, gurpsland, program, sheet, spaceships, spreadsheet