Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 10-06-2012, 02:19 PM   #11
Clipper

Default Re: Trading Monster cards from your hand.

Also, making such deals are not binding. A moral player would uphold the deal to the best of their ability, but they are allowed to renege.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:53 PM   #12
Sumyupee

I know in the rules it specifically says you can only give away cards that are ITEMS, and the same is true for trading. And I know it specifically says you can only trade items IN PLAY (from the table)... BUT it does not specifically address if you "GIVE AWAY" Items from your hand. IE one shot items. I feel like either way if you can or can't it should be stated a little more clearly in the rules.

So, can you give away items from your hand?
Sumyupee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:57 PM   #13
DoomedDuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumyupee View Post
I know in the rules it specifically says you can only give away cards that are ITEMS, and the same is true for trading. And I know it specifically says you can only trade items IN PLAY (from the table)... BUT it does not specifically address if you "GIVE AWAY" Items from your hand. IE one shot items. I feel like either way if you can or can't it should be stated a little more clearly in the rules.

So, can you give away items from your hand?
Giving something away follows the same rules as trading, you're just not receiving anything in return. So no, you can't give an item away from your hand, it has to be played on the table and then given.
DoomedDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:59 AM   #14
tremorlaine

Sumyupee, you stated your question and your answer. You can only trade Items...period. A card in your hand is only a card. It becomes an item once it is played on the table. Therefore to trade a one shot item that is in your hand you need to wait until your turn, then put the one-shot item down so that you are carrying it. Then you can trade it, or give it if the trade doesn't include you receiving items in return, to another player. That one shot Item now is being carried by the other player and it must stay on the table.
tremorlaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:22 AM   #15
DragonRider13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbobbo View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you could try and pump your hand over 5 cards and then use Charity to pass Monsters over to the lowest-level player.
You can't give Charity until it's the end of YOUR turn. Since somebody who's NOT you is in a fight, then it is not the end of YOUR turn.
DragonRider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:29 AM   #16
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonRider13 View Post
You can't give Charity until it's the end of YOUR turn. Since somebody who's NOT you is in a fight, then it is not the end of YOUR turn.
I don't believe mcbobbo was addressing the situation in the original post, but talking about a circumstance in which passing a monster *would* be legal. If mcbobbo was thinking that he could give Charity at any time, then your post would be correct.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote