Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 06-03-2019, 05:43 AM   #1
Tywyll

Default Fire vs Big Targets

When a giant or other multi-hex monster, moves through multiple fire hexes with a single hex step, do they take damage from all the fire hexes or do you only count the hexes they move through from a single point.
i.e. if a giants moves 1 hex forward and enters a fire hex, but this also moves it's lower right side into a different fire hex, has it taken 2 or 4 damage?
Tywyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 08:27 AM   #2
larsdangly

Default Re: Fire vs Big Targets

Great question. I think a strict application of RAW would be that you take fire damage every time one of your hexes enters a fire hex, and so the highest total applies. On the other hand, if you are trying to make a rational ruling you might also note that a 1 hex figure that simply stands for a full turn in a fire hex takes 4, so you might cap the damage at 4.

A related question: should you apply armor or natural protection once to the total, or to each 2 point wound? I would say the latter.
larsdangly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 12:56 PM   #3
Skarg

Yeah, I treat each hex of the multi-hex figure as a single figure for fire damage purposes, both for the damage and the protection.

Though sometimes it also makes sense to give a higher protection rating... e.g. a giant's boots might protect against small enough fires like leather armor.
Skarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 10:05 AM   #4
Shoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsdangly View Post
A related question: should you apply armor or natural protection once to the total, or to each 2 point wound? I would say the latter.
The former is how fire works RAW. It's underneath the FIRE spell.
Shoug is offline   Reply With Quote