Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 09-26-2017, 08:50 PM   #1991
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (OOC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
Good idea.

Right now I'm waiting for RocketMan's cold to pass, so he can read the Resonance I sent, which says he needs more data from another PC, and then I can calculate the quite-possibly nonstandard cost of said Resonance, at which point Kane might tell Sunae something that will affect her actions, which will affect the car's actions,but what Mitch does will also affect the car, no telling about the guy with the rope, at which point I have to calculate Corp hits but before that I have to retool total Corp hits because having Glen with only 6 is just unreasonable, especially when Shenmachel had seven times that.

So yeah...good idea.
Rocket Man is finally healthy enough to make sense, but I'm not sure I'm following the clue/hint/prod. Can you hit me up on FB? My box is almost full here.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 04:48 AM   #1992
tHEhERETIC

Found while poking around my things, still trying to engineer/reverse engineer a working Corp HP thing.

https://maroon-ed.livejournal.com/157923.html

I wish I could tag on here, because this one's for Sylver.

--nonbumpiness--I am such a fantastic dork. Corp HP are in fact the variant rules from the GM guide, and it goes like this:
Quote:
Body hits are equal to Total Forces + Corporeal Forces + Strength. Vessels and Toughness both add 5 Body hits per level. Celestials and humans fall unconscious at 0 Body hits, and die after taking additional hits equal to their (vessel level or Toughness) + Corporeal Forces + Strength.
All PC angels have a vessel level of 3 unless they've bought up from that. Humans...I'll edit this inaminnit. --Edit-- Humans, functional vessel level one, putting Cameron and Glen's HP's in the low teens, as opposed to the single digits they'd have otherwise.

XP inaminnit, once I remember where the cost chart is.

--edit-- This is In Nomine, multiplied by my truly dreadful filing system. Chart? Ha! How does 8 CP strike everyone? You all could use an upgrade, right?
And much thanks to ladyarcana for putting crunchiness on her character sheets, so I have some sense of how seldom I've given out said points.

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 09-27-2017 at 05:32 AM.
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 10:15 PM   #1993
ladyarcana55

I am waiting for the GM to give me whatever info we are waiting for. I sort of know what Sunae will attempt, but I am not sure if there is anything else that needs to be done yet.

<EDIT>

Nevermind. I'll put my move in

Last edited by ladyarcana55; 09-29-2017 at 11:18 PM.
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 06:50 AM   #1994
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
Sunae jumps onto the roof of the car and she will try to take advantage of the rider's imbalance. She grabs the rope in his hand and kicks him off. Considering that Sunae is in heels, that kick won't feel good in any way.

Then she works to control the blessed thing.

Sunae grew up on a farm and she has worked with horses. She knows that she has to show it that she is not afraid and that she is unbreakable. But Sunae is a Soldier of Divine Fire. She does not break.

"Whoa!"

If worse comes to worse, Sunae will not hesitate to bring out Purifying Flame and cut these two spirits down.
You sure her Agility can cash that check? I'll break out the cards tomorrow, say in ten or twelve hours, and we'll see. But the difficulty level of getting up after falling down on a bucking car, while wearing heels, and then standing on one leg and kicking a guy with the other while on same bucking car...the Target Number on that has to be astronomical!
Old 10-01-2017, 06:41 PM   #1995
ladyarcana55

Quote:
You sure her Agility can cash that check? I'll break out the cards tomorrow, say in ten or twelve hours, and we'll see. But the difficulty level of getting up after falling down on a bucking car, while wearing heels, and then standing on one leg and kicking a guy with the other while on same bucking car...the Target Number on that has to be astronomical!
She will certainly try, but I will admit I forgot she had fallen. Sorry about that. Let me edit
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 07:14 PM   #1996
Rocket Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
She will certainly try, but I will admit I forgot she had fallen. Sorry about that. Let me edit
Does she have any Essence she can burn to up her chances?

Old 10-01-2017, 07:22 PM   #1997
Rocket Man

Given the myth that Kane's Uncommon Sense brought to mind, is there anything that his Malakite of Creation combat ability can turn into a suitable "thrown thunderbolt" to bring down this rogue charioteer? (Or at least turn it onto its back like a turtle, so that it can't endanger anyone else? )

Old 10-01-2017, 11:03 PM   #1998
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Given the myth that Kane's Uncommon Sense brought to mind, is there anything that his Malakite of Creation combat ability can turn into a suitable "thrown thunderbolt" to bring down this rogue charioteer? (Or at least turn it onto its back like a turtle, so that it can't endanger anyone else? )
I'm open to suggestions. You have a large crowd, a DJ booth, presumably a stage, tents some of which have basic mechanics' tools in them, and lots of cars.
Hmmmmm.
Old 10-03-2017, 05:47 PM   #1999
tHEhERETIC

Not ignoring you...well, I am, sort of. I have company over for a couple days.
Old 10-14-2017, 09:39 PM   #2000
Rocket Man

Quote:
I'm open to suggestions. You have a large crowd, a DJ booth, presumably a stage, tents some of which have basic mechanics' tools in them, and lots of cars.
Hmmmmm.
Are there any hoses or other cleaning gear nearby? A hose would be best, since it could be an improvised lariat; otherwise he's looking for the longest pole available.

Tags
in nomine