Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 04-25-2016, 05:27 PM   #11
robkelk
Untitled

Default Re: You are allowed three random GURPS supplements. What's your campaign?

Quote:
Originally Posted by (E) View Post
Magic
Middle ages
AtE 2
The good friars at St. Leibowitz' Chapel have kept as much of the knowledge of the previous world intact as they possibly could, but now the preservation of that knowledge is at risk because of the actions of the Casters of the Arcane. It is your solemn task to either protect or expunge that ancient information.

Robin Hood
IOU
Old West
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 05:50 PM   #12
Ciergan

Default Re: You are allowed three random GURPS supplements. What's your campaign?

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkelk View Post
Robin Hood
IOU
Old West
The Department of Outpost Economics has opened its doors on a brand-new campus in Parched Bluff, Arizona. The Startups For Misanthropes students are complaining about their inability to finish their assignments...their funds keep disappearing.

The School for Redistributive Economics claims no responsibility. None. Nope. They just happened to open their campus across the street.

Boardroom and Curia
Flight 13
Japan
Ciergan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 05:56 PM   #13
patchwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkelk View Post

Robin Hood
IOU
Old West
The Good Thieves: control the archetypes and you control human consciousness. After a surprise elimination of the Pirate and Pimpernel factions, only the Zorro and Robin Hood exemplars remain. Your students must decide between the two and install one into the vacant Archetype while the Dark Sheriffs - both Earps and Nottinghams - move to suppress both. If the Conspiracy can eliminate the Good Thief from human consciousness, obedience to the law will dramatically increase, and the conspiracy will be unassailable...
patchwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 07:11 PM   #14
evileeyore
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchwork View Post
The Good Thieves: control the archetypes and you control human consciousness. After a surprise elimination of the Pirate and Pimpernel factions, only the Zorro and Robin Hood exemplars remain. Your students must decide between the two and install one into the vacant Archetype while the Dark Sheriffs - both Earps and Nottinghams - move to suppress both. If the Conspiracy can eliminate the Good Thief from human consciousness, obedience to the law will dramatically increase, and the conspiracy will be unassailable...
That sounds less like IOU and more like Madness Dossier... but it's still a cool sounding campaign concept.
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 07:20 PM   #15
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Flight 13... I had no idea that existed.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 10:32 PM   #16
khorboth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciergan View Post
Boardroom and Curia
Flight 13
Japan
I'm not sure it's fair to include an adventure as one of the supplements, but here goes...

One Japanese mega-corp has received some detailed intelligence from the future. The first mid-air alien abduction where it all goes bad, and we have to prevent it. But we can't reveal that we have this information.

Phase 1: Each player controls a board member of the corporation as they maneuver people into getting the correct training and equipment before climbing aboard the doomed flight. But there are mysterious force trying to get their own agents aboard while blocking your efforts.

Phase 2: Each player is now controlling one of the passengers as that fateful flight. Everything goes down, and we see whose preparation paid off.

In Nomine
Supers
Low Tech
khorboth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 11:05 PM   #17
NorphTehDwarf

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but there's a generator for that! I think it's entirely 3e books but it's still neat:

http://generators.mechfish.in/iron.html
NorphTehDwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 11:16 PM   #18
simply Nathan
formerly known as 'Kenneth Latrans'

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorphTehDwarf View Post
Not to rain on anyone's parade, but there's a generator for that! I think it's entirely 3e books but it's still neat:

http://generators.mechfish.in/iron.html
My first attempt gave me Dungeon Fantasy (as in the entire line, not one specific book) and Bio-Tech. I probably shouldn't have re-rolled as that'd have been the basis of my ideal combo.

EDIT: And here's a list for someone:
Bunnies & Burrows
IOU
Bunnies & Burrows

Last edited by simply Nathan; 04-25-2016 at 11:27 PM.
simply Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 12:09 AM   #19
TGLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by khorboth View Post
In Nomine
Supers
Low Tech
Superhuman mortals and celestials face-off in biblical times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply Nathan View Post
Bunnies & Burrows
IOU
Bunnies & Burrows
IOU suddenly has a rabbit problem, or it is too say rabbits have an IOU problem. The cabbage is causing weird changes and these cats are just plain creepy.

This set is not fair at all:
The Prisoner
Discworld
Alpha Centauri
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 12:52 AM   #20
Mailanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
This set is not fair at all:
The Prisoner
Discworld
Alpha Centauri
Nerve Stapling the Great A'tuin
Agents from the UN have been captured by... someone (presumably the Hive... but are they?) and the controllers of this Village are using their mind-manipulation technology to break the characters by making them think they're characters being projected into a whimsical fantasy world where they are agents of Lord Vetinari being held prisoner by some wicked witches who are using their psionic powers to break their minds by convincing them that they're being held prisoner in a hellish, dystopian future-scape.

The entire game is a mind-screw that doubles as deconstructive ,eata= commentary on mind-screw games. It's full of bait-and-switch bait-and-switches, or characters who stop and ponder why, exactly, they have to do those wicked-sounding monologues and postulate on what might be more effective mind-breaking procedures, etc.

GURPS Locations: Hellsgate
GURPS Martial Arts: Fairbain CLose Combat System
GURPS Power-UPs: Imbuements