Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > The Network > GURPS Vehicle Builder

Old 01-16-2007, 08:02 AM   #1
tjoneslo

Default Welcome Gearheads

Welcome gearheads to the new GURPS Vehicle Builder forum. This forum is for discussion of vehicles, vehicle design, and the few remaining bugs in GVB. If you have ideas, thoughs, concerns, or just want help with your designs, post them here and we'll see what we can do for you.
tjoneslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 11:59 AM   #2
mehrkat

Default a nongearhead considering the program

Hi,

I've been reading GURPS vehicles and it makes my head hurt so much so that I've been considering the vehicle creation program as a way to formulate vehicles of various sorts.

However, the description of the program doesn't give me a full idea how it works.

Is it more like:

1. A tool kit for people who know the system intimately but it does essentially mathematics for them?

or

2. A tool kit that takes care of the system completely. The system helps you decide what to select and does the math for you and tells you when something doesn't work and how to fix it? (Yes I know thats not truly possible but it is possible to make the system more intuitive and automatic with a computer program)

Are there additional websites that explain how the program works in more detail?

Thanks
mehrkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 05:11 AM   #3
tjoneslo

Default Re: Welcome Gearheads

GVB is more like the former than the latter. At it's core it is a large calculator. We have tried to organize things so that it may be obvious that you need (or are missing) important bits. We've also includes a fair number of example vehicles, and if you ask here for advice, I can offer suggestions on making your vehicle better.

If you would like to see GVB in action, there is a tutorial/demo starting here
tjoneslo is offline   Reply With Quote