Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Transhuman Space

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-2010, 09:40 PM   #21
whswhs

Default Re: Why Germany Matters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithis View Post
Most law enforcement work doesn't have anything to do with violence, but the larger point is that you're focusing on one of the most stable and progressive places of Transhuman space, so conflicts are going to tend to be about forces working against the status quo.
I didn't find that to be a major concern. My previous THS campaign was set in Montréal, a solidly Fifth Wave city-state and a center of trade between the EU, the US, and Canada, with mostly quite liberal rules about pansapient rights, though slightly less liberal than the EU. The player characters were not "law enforcement" exactly, but were a private investigation firm specialization in informational crimes. I came up with a variety of cases for them to look into, including a private club that met once a month to dine on realflesh being whitemailed into supporting Montréal joining the EU, a woman who was occupying her husband's body via full-bandwidth sensory transmission and a puppet implant wanting to know what had happened to her own body while her husband was inhabiting it, an inquiry into the death of one PC's father in corporate intrigue, a memetic attack on a hardedge singer who was supporting a Parti d'Humanité candidate for the city-state's parliament, and a first magnitude memetic assault on the city with a "kill your children for the good of Earth" meme. A Fifth Wave nation can have conflicts over the movement toward even more advanced technology, for example.

Bill Stoddard
whswhs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
germany, transhuman space