Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 08-24-2020, 02:12 PM   #21
Shadekeep

Default Re: What are you doing with Wights and Liches?

I agree. Given the number of ways in which the dead can be reanimated, there doesn't need to be a single right way. Though GMs who want to keep it simple are certainly allowed to pick just one!

And some people may consider Mummies to be a kind of Lich as well. They are both animate dead who retain their mental faculties, but are produced by different mechanisms. So there's plenty of latitude.
Old 08-24-2020, 04:02 PM   #22
larsdangly

I have a version of the mummy that I wrote up years ago and liked so much that I've kept as a kind of special multi-powered mega-mummy who can exist alongside mundane mummies. I've used them together sort of like servitor vampires being found with a powerful nosferatu.
larsdangly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 07:20 AM   #23
Shadekeep

A mummy was the signature villain of the TFT campaign I ran way back in high school, and I'm resurrecting him for a TFT adventure I hope to release. The players were never able to completely defeat him, because they couldn't find the canopic jars containing his organs, and thus he was always able to rise again. I am reviving this notion with a twist for the new adventure.

Oh, and I like that you use the word servitor, I've always been a fan of it myself. That figures into the mummy adventure as well.