Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 12-01-2014, 05:58 PM   #11
Dealmaker777

Default Re: Card sleeves

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimABassPlayer View Post
As far as bending the cards goes, the only person to ever bend a card of mine was my sister (just a few weeks ago). She was properly chastised, and will never be allowed within city limits whenever we may be gaming in the future.
I thought you were going to disown her. It's good you found a compromise where you could still be relatives. ;)
Dealmaker777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 06:06 PM   #12
JimABassPlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dealmaker777 View Post
I thought you were going to disown her. It's good you found a compromise where you could still be relatives. ;)
I have considered creating a monster card based on my gorilla-handed, card-bending sister. However, such would be far too mind-numbingly frightening, and likely discourage potential players from participating in any game during which there would be a chance of drawing her horrendously hideous card.
JimABassPlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 06:24 PM   #13
Xzion

I use the standard Mayday games sleeves on all of my decks, which consists of a good 8 or 9 of the base sets plus expansions. I'm rather impressed with the quality of them, even the non-premium ones. I've deliberately stretched/mangled some that were slightly damaged from use, and they are more durable than I would have expected.

They have saved my cards from major damage on quite a few occasions, most impressively when accidentally having fallen on the floor and a chair leg has been set on them. The sleeve was well damaged, but the card suffered no more than a few faint marks.

I opt to keep mine sleeved because I demo with them, so some sets have seen a lot of wear and tear, but only on a rare occasion do I have a sleeve split on me. They do get scuffed up with hard use, but you can still read through them easily enough. One down side is that if they're kept squished snugly in a box, they can stick together a bit, but I find a deliberate spreading of the decks solves that issue. Lastly, their overall dimension tolerances can vary significantly but I have found it doesn't make too much of an issue.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-10-2016, 09:08 AM   #14
CaptainChwelve

I have liked a page on Facebook called "Munchkin Promos" and they recently posted about munchkin card sleeves! Are these official? I can't find them anywhere else online...

Here's a link. https://www.facebook.com/MunchkinPromos/?fref=ts
CaptainChwelve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 09:30 AM   #15
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

I do not know where the author of that page is getting his information, but I would encourage everyone not to trust anything that hasn't been officially released by SJ Games marketing staff. I've seen inaccurate information get out into the world because people post rumors as fact, and it makes our job much harder.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 10:39 AM   #16
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
I do not know where the author of that page is getting his information, but I would encourage everyone not to trust anything that hasn't been officially released by SJ Games marketing staff. I've seen inaccurate information get out into the world because people post rumors as fact, and it makes our job much harder.
Update: I am told that distributor announcements have been made, so that's probably where these posts are coming from. However, the Dungeon Sleeves announcement is incorrect; there are 50 sleeves per pack, not 40.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 10:44 AM   #17
collinc

Looking at the facebook page, it appears he (at least supposedly) basing it off of what he saw at GAMA Trade Show.

Either way, cool stuff! I imagine it would be pretty expensive to sleeve every card I have, but I could re-sleeve some of my more rare promos.
collinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 11:31 AM   #18
Mister Ed

Well, here's hoping the post on that page about the GAE Kill-O-Meter is also correct. I could use one of those!
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 06:47 AM   #19
ThisisDog

Welp, I need to start doing some maths.

I think 100 packs ought to suffice. Sigh.
Old 05-11-2016, 09:38 AM   #20
CaptainChwelve

I find it very difficult to keep up on news, despite my best efforts. I now have to check the Daily Illuminator, Forums, Twitter, and now random fan made facebook pages.

I know you said only to trust news officially released by SJGames, but this one turned out to be true.

Does anyone else have problems keeping in the know?
CaptainChwelve is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cards, mint, protectors, sleeves