Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 12-24-2009, 04:57 PM   #1
hcobb

Default Triads of hell

Is Dom/Asmo on the right track?

By combining different types of demons in small groups can you "even out" their damaged viewpoints and get the job done?

For example Haagenti sending out a Balseraph to impose on the subject followed by a Djinn to track and a Limim to bind.
Old 12-24-2009, 07:57 PM   #2
robkelk
Untitled

Default Re: Triads of hell

Assuming Haagenti can get the Balseraph to do what Haagenti wants (instead of what he's twisted what he heard his Prince say to match what the Bal wants), the Djinn to care enough to bother, and the Lilim to bind without demanding a Geas on her Superior because she did what he Needed her to do, this just might work...
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 10:25 PM   #3
Acolyte

You don't get as much synergy with demonic triads as you do with angelic ones. Since angelic resonances (largely) provide information, combining multiple types of resonances can lead to an angelic group easily determining the pertinent information with a great deal of rapidity. Demonic resonances (largely) inflict something on a victim, so targeting the same victim with multiple resonances generally just results in one EXTREMELY confused or strung-out victim. They don't (generally) combine as well, which is why Princes don't rely on triad-type arrangements as much.

There are lots of exceptions, obviously. Balseraphs of Lust working with a Lilim of any Word can easily generate a large number of Geases for the Lilim (some of which she might have pledged to call in on the Balseraph's behalf, if he's a decently-intelligent Balseraph), by imposing a desire when the Lilim is present to fulfill the Need the desire creates. This doesn't even have to be anything especially degrading, either, for clever Lilim (when the only thing that will excite you is being dunked in strawberry juice, a Lilim with an appropriately-equipped dunking machine is your dream come true). But the core resonances of the Bands don't stack as synergistically as the core resonances of the Choirs.
Old 12-25-2009, 09:21 AM   #4
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acolyte View Post
But the core resonances of the Bands don't stack as synergistically as the core resonances of the Choirs.
Or to put it more succinctly -- Heaven cooperates better than Hell does. Which should come as a surprise to no one, really.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 03:08 PM   #5
ladyarcana55

But I thought I read somewhere that Asmodeus has a Triad of his own that he uses to judge demons, or am I mistaken?

If he does have his own judging Triad, what Bands are they and how does he het them to work together?
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 08:32 AM   #6
hcobb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acolyte View Post
There are lots of exceptions, obviously. Balseraphs of Lust working with a Lilim of any Word can easily generate a large number of Geases for the Lilim...
That's true of any Bals/Lil combo.

"See how shiny it is? You must have this penny."

Actually Lils work great with anything.

"So you need that freak to stop stalking you?"
Old 12-27-2009, 10:49 AM   #7
JCD

I sort of disagree. A Djinn for finding, a Habbalah for 'questioning' and an Impudite as 'good cop' seems a pretty good combination to me.
JCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 09:06 PM   #8
hcobb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCD View Post
I sort of disagree. A Djinn for finding, a Habbalah for 'questioning' and an Impudite as 'good cop' seems a pretty good combination to me.
Impudites can give essence to Lilium for Celestial Songs of Affinity, but you really do want a Djinn lock for slippery targets.

Tags
demons