Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 08-13-2008, 06:18 PM   #221
cybermancer2k1

Default Re: Memorable Quotes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer_Zer0
a little back gorund on this one from a star wars game the PC is playing a nobel,who never knew his farther and he is helping jedi escape the purge when the pcs run into vadar.

Pc1: "You think he might be my daddy?"
Pc2: "No,i definelty don't think so."
Pc1: "You sure,I mean we can't even see his face."
pc3: "Considering that he most likely plans to kill all of us,i seriously doubt he is your farther.'
pc4: I think we better go before he notices us."
pc1 *runs out of hiding place and stops 40 ft away from vadar* "Did you have any kids you aboned at a young age?"
Wonder how far the poor schlub's head flew after Vader got over the initial shock?
Old 08-13-2008, 06:32 PM   #222
Gamer_Zer0
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybermancer2k1
Wonder how far the poor schlub's head flew after Vader got over the initial shock?
Well,thanks to the distraction,the other PCs were able to get back to thire ship and use its wepaons to foce vadar into cover,but the nobel was already down the condition track about half way by the time they got to him...
Gamer_Zer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 07:21 AM   #223
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Lurker
"In the last room of the dungeon you find an ugly, one-armed, blind wizard sitting in a wheelchair with obvious signs of terminal illness".

In no other game system does this sentence cause more terror than in GURPS.
+1.
Old 08-17-2008, 01:43 AM   #224
Xenmas

So we are playing a 4E Dragonlance game tonight, and we've been exploring an ancient cursed temple in an ancient cursed valley. We enter one particular room where we get a vision of an evil priest killing the high priest with a dagger. In the room is the body of the man with the dagger still stuck in him. Our party Kender grabs the dagger, and asks what it does.

The GM replies "It is a +2 Poison Dagger"

Other players "Yes, the dagger that was used to kill the high priest bringing the downfall of this temple and cursing the whole valley!"

Kender "So it's a +2 Dagger?"
Xenmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 06:16 PM   #225
Cantankerous

From last week in a one off I Cops game on a radiation wasted world where 96% or so of the former two billion plus population had been destroyed in a nuclear cataclysm years before. They were looking for ways to conjoin several ultra isolationist bands of high to medium high tech survivors with the usually badly mutated descendants of the lower tech survivors in the same area.

Quote:
PC1, Thad Burrows, Paleo-Radiologist "high jacked" into joining a I Corps rescue and support mission: "So, why are we here anyway? Not philosophically, but literally?"
Quote:
PC2, Owen Markum, former SEAL and now a Doctor with the I Corps: "Because we're different. We're responsible because others can't do what we do. Others can't, not won't, but can't survive in these circumstances. But we will survive. We will keep on and we will win through."
Quote:
PC3, Terrel 'Tank' Frohme, Former D[imensional] Bandit: "For the quarter million pounds, the expunging of my criminal record and the fact that when we get back woman will throw p*ssy at me."
The last PC was played by my wife, who was playing what she believed to be the prototypical macho hero type.

Isshia
GURPS in Greyhawk

Last edited by Cantankerous; 08-17-2008 at 06:35 PM.
Cantankerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 05:17 PM   #226
William

GM: She returns moments later with something brown and bubbling -- not champaign bubbles, but the sort you get when you mix dangerous chemicals. The cups also seem to have more brown things floating in them (DC 10 Will Save vs. Fear for the first one who tries to drink it. DC 8 for the dwarves).

Me: *I'll* drink it! :^D
OOC: Nothing a kobold can drink'll put a dwarf under the table, bah!
IC: Zhegre sniffs it, wrinkling his nose if it's unpleasant but willing to give a funny drink a shot. Knows about fire-fruit, but, hell, nothing a kobold can drink'll put a dwarf under the table!
Ponders muttering a Purify Food and Drink. Pfeh. Sitting in a foreign bar is no time to show weakness of the gut.
*QUAFF!*
I rolled 1d20 + 8 and got 19.

GM: The taste is an unholy combination of sour, bitter, and sweet, and it has a strange aftertaste to it that you can't place. It fizzes and whirls in your mouth in a distressing manner and makes your nose feels tingly. All in all, it's not bad.

Me: OOC: Good heavens. It's Coca-Kobold.
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 11:31 PM   #227
quarkstomper

Overheard at a Warhammer game on the table next to ours today:

"These aren't 'chop-chop' demons, they're 'shoot-shoot' demons."
quarkstomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 07:43 PM   #228
Koshka

After a character with magesight used it to see if the (very heavily bespelled) building we needed to break into had any magic on it:

"You just Detected Sound at a rock concert"
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 10:55 PM   #229
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert
(If you have to ask . . .)

Scene: The party (which is a group of high-school-aged teens; having just left a Valentine’s Day dance at their favorite nightclub, the Sarnath) has been teleported to the moon. We are trapped in a crater that has an air generator. The party nerd (and singularly hideous and “disgusting”), Cranston, is examining the air generator. Cranston has two dice of unluck, and, in the three times he has been required to roll it, has scored 4 ones (this is Hero and that is bad). The air generator has already burst into flames and stopped working, forcing Izzy, the telekinetic to move it out of the air bubble to extinguish it. Cranston is now trying to fix it.

Cranston: I don’t even know what skills would be of use.
Gummi (GM): Let me take a look at your character sheet.
Cranston: (Handing sheet over) I have a lot of general science and electronics skills, I know how to use it, but I’m not sure if I know how to fix it.
Me: Here, I’ll save us a whole bunch of time. Cranston, roll your unluck.
Cranston: (Rolls snake-eyes.)
Me: There, we don’t need to know what skills it’ll take, he’s just *bleeped* it up! Saved thirty minutes of game-time.
Group: Uncontrollable laughter.
Fortress: You’re going to have to buy that off.
Cranston: Oh, no. I may get more unluck.

Afterwards, when we’re at the (apparently) fascist moonbase, recovering:

Cranston: “What’s wrong with me doc?”
Group: Uncontrollable laughter
MonkeyFist (ooc): “We don’t have time to go into that.”

As we are getting arrested by the fascist moonbase police (me, apparently, for being in a coma); Cranston has previously developed a werewolf girlfriend (Julie) who is overly protective, she is who he was at the Valentine’s Dance with. She wolfed out which led to the party reacting to protect one of it’s own as the cops went to shoot her. As the situation slowly calms down:

Cop: “What is that thing!” (Meaning Julie)
MonkeyFist: “That’s our friend, Cranston!”
Group: Uncontrollable laughter.

After we expel the cops, MonkeyFist calls the American Embassy for advice (hey, we’re a bunch of kids); after explaining the situation:

MonkeyFist: “We’re pretty sure, our lives are in danger now.”
Ambassador: “Was the person they tried to shoot resisting arrest?”
Group: Momentary pause.
Group (in one voice): “No.”

When I get my one phone call, I call the last person the GM expected.

Me: Can I get an interplanetary operator?
Gummi: Yeah.
Me: Cool.
Gummi (looking smug): Calling Ford? (Our School’s legal expert)
Me: Nope. The Museum. (Wide smile; cheerful voice) “Hi Arikel, they tried to shoot Julie!”
Gummi (looking pale): Urk?!

Arikel is the Alpha Werewolf of the MegaDenver Werewolf pack. He’s . . . over-the-top protective, especially of the “pups.” He recently had a group of teen werewolves join the school. Julie was one of them.

As we’re cleaning up, after the game:

Cranston: I have a great name for our group: “International Incident!”
Mark Skarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 02:20 PM   #230
Koshka

The GM needed to lay out some alleys on the battlemat, but drawing them out in marker would have taken longer than the expected fight scene. So instead, he grabbed a stack of square Budweiser coasters (one of the players used to manage a bar) and dealt them out at the appropriate distances. A player came in from a smoke break, looked at the mat, and commented "I see we're in the bar district."
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
actual play, funny