Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 09-18-2019, 11:15 PM   #11
tbone

Default Re: Nordlond Sagas: Three new books for the DFRPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
The short version is my website.
Thanks. To be clear, this is a zero-urgency matter; I think you have some other, more pressing things on hand at the moment. Do those first. : )

For future reference, though: I did initially search your site to download the latest versions. I may be missing something, but on the GB Store pages, I don't see any login for Kickstarter backers or other past purchasers. The only way I can get to a login is by first adding something to the cart, then proceeding to checkout, which offers a login option for returning customers, all of which is not ideal if I want to log in and browse, confirm past purchases, etc., without jumping right to checkout. (And is a past Kickstarter backer a "returning customer" on the GB Store?)

My humble suggestions for future GB Store upgrades:

1. Offer guidance on how past purchasers, both via GB Store and Kickstarter, can check for and download PDF updates.
2. Put login (including customer account creation) before the cart.
3. As you have products for several game systems, let users filter store offerings by system.

Alternately, just let me know the obvious existing remedies to all of those, that I'm missing.

Most importantly, keep filling the store with more. It's good stuff!

Twitter: @Gamesdiner | RSS: here ⬅︎ Updated RSS link | This forum: Site updates thread (occasionally updated)

(Latest goods on site: GLAIVE Mini levels up to v2.4. Update to melee weapon design tool, with more example weapons and commentary.)
tbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 04:25 AM   #12
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone View Post
My humble suggestions for future GB Store upgrades:
I'll look into this; WooCommerce isn't terribly obvious how to do any of them. Adding logon for Kickstarter backers least of all. Filtering, I'm hopeful.
DouglasCole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 08:15 AM   #13
SCAR

Seriously considering getting in on this one, haven't bought any GURPS stuff in a few years now, but I've kept on eye on developments, and these viking themed books have been very tempting - and this Kickstarter may finally have done it for me with the "Allar Sögurnar (All six Nordlond PDFs)" option (plus "The Hand of Asgard" too).

Easy question, would all 6+1 pdfs be delivered in December (all being well) - or would the 3 already released pdfs be available as soon as the Kickstarter ends?
SCAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 11:20 AM   #14
DouglasCole

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCAR View Post
Seriously considering getting in on this one, haven't bought any GURPS stuff in a few years now, but I've kept on eye on developments, and these viking themed books have been very tempting - and this Kickstarter may finally have done it for me with the "Allar Sögurnar (All six Nordlond PDFs)" option (plus "The Hand of Asgard" too).

Easy question, would all 6+1 pdfs be delivered in December (all being well) - or would the 3 already released pdfs be available as soon as the Kickstarter ends?
The already released PDFs will go out when the initial Backerkit phase of the project closes. (Goes and digs out projected schedule):
  • Sept 10 through Oct 12: Kickstarter Campaign Active
  • Oct 12 through (roughly) Oct 26 - Funds Settle
  • Halloween Week: Backerkit phase opens for surveys, shipping, and pre-orders
  • Mid-November: Backerkit "closes" and cards are charged
  • End November: PDF review phase[
  • Mid-December: PDF feedback due
  • Before Xmas: PDFs sent out and final files sent to printer
  • End January: Printing
  • End February: Moving books through the world
  • End March: Arrival in-hand

So mid-November is the target date for existing PDF disbursement, but if things go swimmingly, all of 'em will be ready by Xmas anyway. Two weeks is enough for 80-90% of the folks to attack and complete the survey. The remaining will usually do so by the time I really shut things down for new orders, which tends to be when I have to allocate "books that go to the UK for international distribution" and "books that come to Studio 2 for US fulfillment" out of a hoped-for print run out of Latvia. As those "stragglers" finish their surveys, they automatically get any PDFs they sign up for based on the Backerkit "distribution rules," which are things like "if the survey is completed and the order locked, send out these three files."
Old 10-05-2019, 01:00 PM   #15
Dalin

I started a thread in the general roleplaying forum on ENWorld about this project. If anyone has an account over there, jump in and share a word. I'd love to get a conversation going to keep the thread up top. It's mostly D&D people over there, but even dedicated fans of a particular game do, occasionally, branch out if something sounds interesting enough. I'm eager to keep touting DFRPG material on any forum I can find.
Dalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 08:04 AM   #16
DouglasCole

There are about 36 hours to go in the Nordlond Sagas campaign.

These are going to be really fun books, and I hope that if you're "following" the campaign, you convert to a pledge before it ends tomorrow, 10pm Central Time.

I hope to post a few excerpts from Hand of Asgard and Folk over the next few days.
Old 10-12-2019, 12:05 PM   #17
DouglasCole

We're in the last half-day of the Nordlond Sagas campaign. We're getting a solid last-day kick, and
hHopefully it'll help push us to the stretch goals. We're maybe 45 backers short of a high quality print run, and perhaps $5,200 from the "more content" stretch goal. That's only about 90 people, so the difference between the two is not large. We also have 414 "following but not yet pledged" people . . . more than enough to*easily*hit both goals and more. So time will tell.

These books - two adventures and two character supplements, including what is basically clerical domains, but for GURPS/Dungeon Fantasy RPG in the "Hand of Asgard" supplement - are going to be very,* very fun. I won't lie: I'm particularly enthusiastic about Hand of Asgard. Clocking in at only 16 pages, Kevin Smyth has managed to get a lot of flavor in the book, and I'm having a lot of fun with layout.

Join us! It's going to be a great set of books.
Old 10-12-2019, 12:22 PM   #18
evileeyore
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
We're maybe 45 backers short of a high quality print run, and perhaps $5,200 from the "more content" stretch goal.
Here's hoping we get the second stretch goal!
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 06:36 AM   #19
DouglasCole

If you missed the Kickstarter, or chose not to participate in the main campaign for Reasons, the pre-order store is now open on Backerkit!
Old 10-29-2019, 08:25 AM   #20
b-dog

I have bought all the stuff so far for the Nordlandr books. I am just curious if there are plans for other stuff besides Vikings and the Norse cultures. I enjoy them but I am really much more interested in other cultures. I would love something like Arabian Nights if there is a fake Middle East in the Nordland world. Or maybe a southeast Asian area that is chock full of different religions and cultures living side by side.
b-dog is offline   Reply With Quote