Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 03-12-2019, 04:44 AM   #41
RPGFan

Default Re: DFRPG Monsters 2 and reprint of the Box set on Kickstarter now!

I hope so.

A convincing success for DFRPG would support my request for further products like:
  • A Cyberpunk Roleplaying Game boxed set powered by GURPS
  • A Science Fiction Roleplaying Game boxed set powered by GURPS
  • A Horror Roleplaying Game boxed set powered by GURPS
  • ….

You get the idea
RPGFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 06:14 AM   #42
Dalin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGFan View Post
GURPS and DFRPG are so excellent, I would pay much more to get new Stuff!

I hope so much thar the Reprint will be a huge success, but it seems to be possible, that even the 40.000 $ wouldn't be achieved.

THAT would be a catastrophe to me :(
We still have a role to play. I've been trying to make a daily social media rotation: update my FB thread, post on Kickstarter, rpg.net, enworld, reddit. This is very much outside of my comfort zone, but this sort of buzz matters. Even if I don't have much to say, I'd try to keep the conversations going, share positive experiences, etc. The more folks who post, the better impression we leave of being a dedicated, vibrant community. (Which anyone who visits these forums would know!) In addition, I've sent emails to my current gaming groups plus former crews from years past in different states. I got my 12th confirmed pledge from my extended network yesterday, and I'm sure some folks have pledged without responding directly to me. It seems like a drop in the bucket, but each of these people, even the ones who don't pledge, will talk to their friends, someone looking for a gift, a former gamer thinking of getting back into it, etc. It spreads.

Now that I've played this game and introduced it to many happy new players (both totally new and new-to-GURPS), I know it's a great game. I don't have any hesitation in singing its praises.
Dalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 06:34 AM   #43
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGFan View Post
A convincing success for DFRPG would support my request for further products like:
We would very much like to create more printed GURPS books and stand-alone games, but we can only do that if there's provable demand. Without the support of gamers, we're unlikely to create much outside of PDFs in the current environment.

If the demand is there for GURPS books -- for years, we've been asked for monsters -- then we're very happy to publish GURPS books.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 07:13 AM   #44
Kromm
GURPS Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPumpkin View Post

It does seem a tall order at this point to knock over some of those stretch goals and get the full complement of monsters, though.
To help with that, drop the short link ( http://kck.st/2XEI3Kf ) anywhere you blog, post, share, or tweet. If you have a web page that allows it, stick the widget on it. Spam your friends and ask them to do the same. These don't have to be gamer friends . . .
"I'm really into this thing for my hobby, and it would be immensely cool if it got funded. I know it isn't your thing, but please share it around. Some of your friends – or some of their friends – might be gamers."
Hey, I spammed about an Argentine tango festival in 2016, and people I didn't know in another city ended up learning about it and coming! The Internet is an amazing place.
Kromm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 07:15 AM   #45
Kromm
GURPS Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalin View Post

I've been trying to make a daily social media rotation: update my FB thread, post on Kickstarter, rpg.net, enworld, reddit. This is very much outside of my comfort zone [...]
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalin View Post

[...] but this sort of buzz matters. Even if I don't have much to say, I'd try to keep the conversations going, share positive experiences, etc. The more folks who post, the better impression we leave of being a dedicated, vibrant community.
That's exactly right.
Old 03-12-2019, 07:18 AM   #46
Kromm
GURPS Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post

We would very much like to create more printed GURPS books and stand-alone games, but we can only do that if there's provable demand. Without the support of gamers, we're unlikely to create much outside of PDFs in the current environment.

If the demand is there for GURPS books -- for years, we've been asked for monsters -- then we're very happy to publish GURPS books.
I've summed up similar sentiments in this public Facebook post (anybody should be able to see it).
Old 03-12-2019, 07:59 AM   #47
Ulairi

I don't have a FaceBook account but I did share the link on my Twitter account to my 100 follows (I'm not one of the cool kids) and at GaryCon last week I was telling folks all about it and showing them my box set.

I still think the project will fund. I wish the campaign would have been set for a little longer but I understand the model of the quick campaigns.

I really wish the D&D 5E boom spread to other games.....
Ulairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 08:06 AM   #48
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm View Post
I've summed up similar sentiments in this public Facebook post (anybody should be able to see it).
Well written and accurate!
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 08:11 AM   #49
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

For those that Just Won't Do Facebook (and many have told me such explicitly in various places):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm View Post
If you like or ever liked GURPS, and you want to see it go on to do new and interesting things, please support this campaign! It is a litmus of sorts:

△ If it funds, that will send us the message that we should support the Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game and consider future campaigns for big, interesting GURPS books (in the traditional printed sense) and/or GURPS-based products (such as this one).

△ If it doesn't fund, we'll have to ponder whether there's enough interest in GURPS to keep it around as anything other than a series of PDFs once or twice a month.

I get back on March 20. I really hope that when I do, I'll learn the campaign has been fully backed – perhaps all the way up to the $85,000 level where we can print a book that includes ALL the cool monsters I created.

See you then!
I'd suggest reading this a few times sharing it with your GURPSy friends.
DouglasCole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 08:27 AM   #50
RPGFan

I posted and share it allready on my FB account.
I also asked my local gaming Store here in Germany and my favourite Online Shop if they would sign the "Retailer Pledge" (?). At least both wants to support the project.
RPGFan is offline   Reply With Quote