Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 03-12-2019, 07:16 AM   #61
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Default Re: Nordlond: The Citadel at Nordvorn

The Citadel at Nordvorn is close to funding! Only $248 to go! If you’re one of the 315 backers following but not yet pledged to The Citadel at Nordvorn, I just want to note that *today* would be a mighty fine day to jump on board.

If we take those pledged and add those following . . . we’re now up to $24,000 which makes the offset print run stretch goal, and a 128 page book, start to look feasible.

I posted a mockup of the book.

Last edited by DouglasCole; 03-12-2019 at 07:19 AM.
DouglasCole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 11:41 AM   #62
DouglasCole

The Citadel at Nordvorn has funded.

Thanks everyone! Like I've said elsewhere, this is a huge relief and now I can start art direction with confidence.

There's enough latent "followed not backed" to make the final total over $24,000 if folks all pitch. So now we're pushing stretch goals.

Also: while this is awesome and we're all superior people with much charisma, don't forget to keep promoting the Boxed Set:

Back Monsters 2. Tell your friends to back Citadel. There are also two more Norðlond adventures coming out from Gaming Ballistic later this year that are already being written: The Dragons of Rosgarth, and Forest's End.

But we need to MAKE this happen. Blow through stretch goals. Hit up your FLGS and get them to order Retail levels. Putting product on shelves in this "all 5e, all the time" environment is rowing upstream, but we can do it.
Old 03-17-2019, 01:30 PM   #63
Dolarre

Mr. Cole,

Big fan of Hall of Judgement and a current backer of the Nordlond Kickstarter. I have a question about the grappling rules. Hall gives the Dex penalty for suffering more than 2x total control points as -16, while the bookmark samples posted on the Kickstarter give the penalty as -12. Is this errata or typo? And which is the correct value?

Thanks in advance!
Dolarre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 02:49 PM   #64
Blind Mapmaker

Got a preview of the draft copy on my blog:

https://blindmapmaker.wordpress.com/...ered-by-dfrpg/

Warning: May contain ads, depending on your ad-blocker settings (really should make my own site I know). It's only Wordpress, though.

Short version: looks decidedly tasty.
Old 03-17-2019, 05:24 PM   #65
DouglasCole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolarre View Post
Mr. Cole,

Big fan of Hall of Judgement and a current backer of the Nordlond Kickstarter. I have a question about the grappling rules. Hall gives the Dex penalty for suffering more than 2x total control points as -16, while the bookmark samples posted on the Kickstarter give the penalty as -12. Is this errata or typo? And which is the correct value?

Thanks in advance!
It’s an adjustment based on play experience. So it wasn’t a mistake the first time, and it’s not a typo. I think the new penalty levels and a few other subtle differences make for better play.
Old 03-18-2019, 11:37 AM   #66
DouglasCole

The first stretch goal for Citadel at Nordvorn has been plundered. We passed $16,000 which gets us to a minimum of 112 pages, plus the pearlized dice in DFM2.

The next stretch goal is at $18,000 which gets a journal in the boxed game; that's a DFM2 goal, based on funding for Citadel!
After that, there's the 128-page goal at $20,000
And the offset print goal at $25,000

Finally: don't miss the announcement that if the Dungeon Fantasy Monsters 2 kickstarter reaches $45,000, Gaming Ballistic and SJG will team up to put the 8-page Fantastic Dungeon Grappling booklet inside the boxed set itself.

Fantastic Dungeon Grappling doubles the size of the original "more interesting, but simpler!" grappling insert from Hall of Judgment. It's been tuned and refined in over a year of actual play. It's got some new spells that bind and restrain. And as always, it is in gorgeous full-color. It is kept simple and fast for the Dungeon Fantasy RPG . . . but don't think for a moment I didn't have the rest of GURPS, especially Dungeon Fantasy and Action, in mind when I tweaked it. Look for future blog posts bringing Techniques and other advanced concepts in line with these fast-to-play and easy-to-assimilate rules.

(Seriously: they're so very much easier to wrap your head around than the original concept, Technical Grappling. They're just better.)

This is a rare and amazing collaboration between SJG and Gaming Ballistic (well, rare for me!), and I'm thrilled to be a part of it. I hope y'all respond as well, and if you haven't jumped on for the boxed set yet, please consider it.

(If you already have a boxed set, the add-on is available as part of the Nordvorn campaign. So you either get it as part of the $75 boxed set this time around, or can get the PDF for $4, Print for $7, or Print+PDF for $9 against the original boxed set Kickstarter pledge of $50, or $60 at retail)

Both campaigns are picking up steam into their last few days. DFM2 ends Friday; Nordvorn is Sunday.
Old 03-19-2019, 11:12 AM   #67
DouglasCole

Citadel and DFM2 Stretch Goals: Falling Fast!
Old 03-22-2019, 08:21 AM   #68
DouglasCole

We just pillaged the $20K stretch goal on Nordvorn. Next step . . . offset print.
Old 03-22-2019, 09:51 AM   #69
DouglasCole

$20,000 Stretch Goal PILLAGED!! (Also: check your pledges and add-ons)

We just pillaged the $20,000 stretch goal for 128 pages. This makes me happy. Not the least reason for which is the unfinished draft lays out at 115 pages on a 112-page budget. So . . . I don't have to cut anything. Thank you all for making this my strongest Kickstarter ever.

As both Dungeon Fantasy Monsters 2 and The Citadel at Nordvorn enter their final hours (fewer than 12 for DFM2, about 60 as I type this for Nordvorn), it's time to check and see if what you've got listed is really what you want, and (if it's not) push the proejct to the offset print run by adding what you want NOW rather than in Backerkit.
Old 03-23-2019, 09:52 AM   #70
DouglasCole

New Final Stretch Goal: Hall of Judgment 2nd Edition($35,000)

As we enter the final two days of the Citadel at Nordvorn campaign, it has become clear that the "best we can do" figure is significantly in excess of the prior goal for the campaign at $30,000.

After thinking about it for a bit, I know what to do. At 35,000, I will get a reprint of Hall of Judgment done in the same style and quality as the offset run for Citadel at Norðvorn. Sewn and lay-flat binding. Heavy paper (100-105#, or 150-157gsm).

The new printing will include all of the new battle-maps done by Glynn Seal for the 2nd Edition of Lost Hall of Tyr, so the basic file is already done. If we hit this goal, everyone that already has a PDF of Hall of Judgment will get it upgraded to the new edition at no cost.

New maps?

Yes.

The new images show a lot more custom detail, all done by award-winning cartographer Glynn Seal (who has a Kickstarter of his own going on right now). He did the maps of Logiheimli in Hall of Judgment, and he's doing the maps in Citadel.

You can see the new maps in this blog post on GB.

If we hit the new goal, Hall of Judgment will have the maps inserted into the art spaces where the old maps were; I'll look into what it would take to get full-page maps in the back of the book as well, but no promises on that . . . it's already a full book and I'd need to add 16 pages to make it work.

But I'm not saying no either.

Regardless, a digital map pack will be available as well (HoJ PDF purchasers in the past may already have it; I uploaded it to Backerkit a while ago and sent it out).

"And That's All I Have to Say About That" (-F. Gump)

Wow. What a campaign. A potential offset print. Maybe a 144-page version of Citadel. Fantastic Dungeon Grappling in the boxed set itself (pinch me!), and contemplating awesome reprints of my old books.

No question: you guys are awesome.

However . . . to get the Big Goals, we need Big Conversion.

That means popping into Forum threads like these and commenting. A word from a backer goes so much further than a word from the creator. One is an endorsement; the other is spam. You know it, I know it, so I need your help:

There's also Social Media - tweet, facebook, etc. I'll be repeating this announcement in a blog post over at Gaming Ballistic, and that will show up at @GMingBallistic on Twitter, the Gaming Ballistic page on Facebook, and on my page and account on MeWe (and if you're looking for ALL the places to find me on the net, go here and you can see them all).

We have 36 hours.