Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 05-23-2019, 02:31 PM   #11
TheAmishStig

Default Re: OGRE Publications

Quote:
Originally Posted by offsides View Post
ODE is quite portable if you put a 4' luggage strap around it and carry it in the Big Bag! Notice I said portable, NOT easy to carry... :P
Thinking about the mess it makes when you turn it on its side has me cringing...when I punched it the first time, it took hours to get everything organized by faction and put away...

As a side note, that's why 'Make my own inserts out of foam-core or something' is on the to-do list. I want to convert my 6E boxes to have 2 Mk.V garage bays, and dedicated recesses for the various units [rather than letting them loose in the big wells, or using the Mk.III wells and forgetting what is where]. I figure if it goes over well, a Broken Token style 'Store with the box upright' insert isn't far behind for ODE.
MIB Agent #0460
Ogre 134th Battalion

Lancaster, PA
Imgur: https://agent0460.imgur.com/
TheAmishStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 10:54 AM   #12
chicagoviking

I use small re-sealable baggies to keep my Ogre 6E counters organized. I think they're 2" across the top & bottom and 3" on the sides.

I don't think my ODE is ever going to leave my house. Too much stuff.
chicagoviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 10:40 PM   #13
sparky00

I was able to get a used ODE with a scuffed up box at a fair price. I occasionally put it in my truck when traveling. Usually, I just load up my O6E box, or just take components in ziplocs & containers, depending on space, weight etc.

I dont think I could bring myself to turn an ODE on its side. I have my 2 copies all sorted neatly, with unit dividers from BGG. As much as I like the current generation of counters, I dont relish the thought of sorting them ALL back into place again.
sparky00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 11:33 AM   #14
selenite

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoviking View Post
I don't think my ODE is ever going to leave my house. Too much stuff.
Absolutely. Just take what you need. Look at this. I had nine players in the game with what's in that bag.
selenite is offline   Reply With Quote