Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-15-2019, 04:29 PM   #10
Malfi

Default Re: Connecting point total to what you can buy with it.

Yes I am envisioning a campaign a everyone is supposed to have access to powers. So at 1000 points maybe not everyone is actually psionic with a power talent of 8, but one might be a wizard with magery 8 and another a brawler with super strength.

In 1000 point superhero game I am not sure Hawkeye, Batgirl and Catwoman should be that different. I mean they are all supernormals and since they have no supernatural powers they will propably spent a lot of points in their physicals, because dex, iq and ht are awesome.
On the other hand if you have mr fantastic, invisible girl and the thing you will certainly end up with different characters. In such a game I don't see a reason to put that kind of unusual background. Thinking about even your unusual background will stop the players from having 20's in their stats but from having 15's.
Also I find interesting that you could accomplish the same goal without charging unusual background but making the maximum of attribute(s) 25 or 30 as the Supers book suggest. I guess it depends on how over the top you want your supernormals to be.

All that said in my suggestion if you want people to not max all their attributes you could also have a max for total points spent in attributes.
Malfi is offline   Reply With Quote