Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Character Assistant

Old 01-06-2008, 10:41 AM   #1
Bruno

Default Dungeon Fantasy : Adventurers ready for download

Hi everyone;

I've posted an almost-complete GDF for DF:A up on my website:

http://www.geocities.com/syndaryl/GCA/index.html

It has everything, I think, except for the enchanted items, and any template after Cleric. (It does have Barbarian, Bard, and Cleric, though, and it has all the powers and spell lists and everything.)

Go nuts. find things I've done wrong, find more things that I've forgotten, whatever!

I'm going to try to get the enchantments done by next weekend, and then I'll keep poking at the templates.

And I need to get back to working on Supers >.>
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 11:11 AM   #2
Harald387

Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy : Adventurers ready for download

EDIT: Alternate download no longer available; I'm no longer working with the provider that was giving me that space. Sorry!

Last edited by Harald387; 01-24-2008 at 05:57 AM.
Harald387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 11:37 AM   #3
Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harald387
The Cleric template doesn't let you add the last set of disadvantages. It's looking for a cost of 'at least 1' and since they're disads, it's a negative number.

I'll edit to add other bugs as they find them. I break things gud.
Fixed version uploaded.
Old 01-06-2008, 04:38 PM   #4
Captain-Captain

Two problems: On Bard, the first selection of Bardic Talents gives you a window full of options, but doesn't show them on screen. It does record them being taken and counts them towards their total CP cost. You just can't tell if you clicked on the right skill, or click the wrong skill and remove it.

The second one caused the collapse of the program. One of the later skill menus is empty, you have to either put the non-present skills into the file or hit cancel wich causes the crash.

The Supers4e.gdf file had similar problems.

Came up again on the redo. Specically it's the Special Skills window where the fatal error occurs.
...VVVVVVV
..^^^^^^^

A clock running two hours slow has the correct time zero times a day.

Last edited by Captain-Captain; 01-06-2008 at 04:44 PM.
Captain-Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 06:34 PM   #5
Bruno

Hmmmm. that's interesting. These appear to have crept in since I completed the Bard template and created several test bards.

Let me poke this and I'll get back to you. I bet I had some unix line endings creep in some how.
Old 01-06-2008, 06:53 PM   #6
Bruno

Got it.

Quotes + SelectX = GCA gets a headache. I should have used {}, only I didn't need either.

A fixed .zip file has been uploaded.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:03 AM   #7
Captain-Captain

It may be loaded somewhere but the link goes to :

Quote:
Yahoo! - Help
Sorry, the page you requested was not found.
Edit: Another oddity: LOTS of disads vanished after loading the file. Enemy for instance, a number of sense of duty varients, ALL social disads that start with letters below O in alphabetical order... They returned when I took the file out of the load.

Edit the last, I hope for tonight: Bardic Talent does not seem to add to C&E or MC spells. My test character with IQ 13 Magery 1 and Bardic Talent 2, has one Enchantment spell: Scroll @ 12. Several Comm spells also at 12 instead of 14, and same with the Mind spells.
...VVVVVVV
..^^^^^^^

Last edited by Captain-Captain; 01-07-2008 at 02:28 AM.
Old 01-07-2008, 05:49 AM   #8
Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain-Captain
It may be loaded somewhere but the link goes to :...
Not sure what the heck happened there. Did it again and I'm seeing it so I hope to heck you can see it. If not I have to go scream at Geocities.

Quote:
Edit: Another oddity: LOTS of disads vanished after loading the file. Enemy for instance, a number of sense of duty varients, ALL social disads that start with letters below O in alphabetical order... They returned when I took the file out of the load.
The file trims down the list of advantages, disadvantages, and skills to those explicitly approved in the Dungeon Fantasy book.

That said, there are NO Sense of Duty varients in the delete list, and I can't find any social disadvantages after the O section either. You can check out the full list of deleted disads, they start at line 2276 in the file.

Enemy is explicitly deleted, though, and that's working as intended.

Out of curiosity, what files are you loading and in which order? as per the notes at the beginning of the file, it's intended for loading after Basic Set and optionally Magic. I'd suggest other files to be loaded AFTER DF.

Quote:
Edit the last, I hope for tonight: Bardic Talent does not seem to add to C&E or MC spells. My test character with IQ 13 Magery 1 and Bardic Talent 2, has one Enchantment spell: Scroll @ 12. Several Comm spells also at 12 instead of 14, and same with the Mind spells.
EDIT: Woops, I didn't address this one. I had to run to work and I banged *send*. I'll have a peek and see what I did wrong here.

Last edited by Bruno; 01-07-2008 at 07:50 AM.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:55 AM   #9
Bruno

Ok, tracked down the problem with Bardic Talent, I was adding numbers in the right places to fulfill prerequisites, but not actually add bonuses.

I've also fixed some typos in the divine spells.

New version 1.04 uploaded.

By the way, I want to say a big thank you for banging on things, it's been a big help.

Known Issue: talent Holiness costs 15/level instead of the correct 5/level. I'll create another update once I have something more than that to update ;)

Last edited by Bruno; 01-07-2008 at 10:13 AM.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:35 PM   #10
Captain-Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno
Not sure what the heck happened there. Did it again and I'm seeing it so I hope to heck you can see it. If not I have to go scream at Geocities.

The file trims down the list of advantages, disadvantages, and skills to those explicitly approved in the Dungeon Fantasy book.

That said, there are NO Sense of Duty varients in the delete list, and I can't find any social disadvantages after the O section either. You can check out the full list of deleted disads, they start at line 2276 in the file.

Enemy is explicitly deleted, though, and that's working as intended.

Out of curiosity, what files are you loading and in which order? as per the notes at the beginning of the file, it's intended for loading after Basic Set and optionally Magic. I'd suggest other files to be loaded AFTER DF.

EDIT: Woops, I didn't address this one. I had to run to work and I banged *send*. I'll have a peek and see what I did wrong here.
Well I have the following currently loaded in this order mostly via the process of 'happenstance':

Variant - Unhide Aliens Fantasy Folk Were-Forms.gdf <c:\program files\gurps character assistant 4\data files\>
Variant - Unlock Aliens Fantasy Folk Were-Forms.gdf <c:\program files\gurps character assistant 4\data files\>
Variant - Unhide Templates.gdf <c:\program files\gurps character assistant 4\data files\variants\>
Variant - Unlock Templates.gdf <c:\program files\gurps character assistant 4\data files\variants\>
GURPS Basic Set 4th Ed.--Characters.gdf <c:\program files\gurps character assistant 4\data files\>
GURPS Powers.gdf <c:\program files\gurps character assistant 4\data files\>
low tech camping gear.GDF <c:\program files\gurps character assistant 4\data files\>
GURPS Martial Arts 4e.gdf <c:\program files\gurps character assistant 4\data files\>
Fantasy Folk for GURPS 4th Edition.gdf <c:\program files\gurps character assistant 4\data files\>
GURPS Supers1 4e.gdf <c:\program files\gurps character assistant 4\data files\>
GURPS Space 4e.gdf <c:\program files\gurps character assistant 4\data files\>
GURPS Magic 4e.gdf <c:\program files\gurps character assistant 4\data files\>
GURPS Fantasy 4e.gdf <c:\program files\gurps character assistant 4\data files\>
GURPS Fantasy 4e - Roma Arcana.gdf <c:\program files\gurps character assistant 4\data files\>
GURPS Supers 4e.gdf <c:\program files\gurps character assistant 4\data files\>
GURPS Banestorm 4e.gdf <c:\program files\gurps character assistant 4\data files\>
GURPS Mysteries 4e.gdf <c:\program files\gurps character assistant 4\data files\>
GURPS Dungeon Fantasy - Adventurers.GDF <c:\program files\gurps character assistant 4\data files\>

Edit: Low Tech Camping Gear was something I made by editing items out of the misc camping gear list and saving them separately - yes I have just revealed the entirety of my Editing (GCA files) (ahem) skill. I just got sick and tired of having to pick through higher tech items like flashlights to put gear in a TL 3 Fantasy Character's backpack...
...VVVVVVV
..^^^^^^^

Last edited by Captain-Captain; 01-07-2008 at 12:48 PM.