Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 11-19-2016, 09:16 AM   #41
Kraydak

Default Re: JCSP character management tool

I like it, but ran into 2 issues.

(1) Enhanced parry (1 Weapon) and Unarmed were costed at 6 points rather than 5. This is significant for DF characters.

(2) Shadowform (No Encumbrance +10%) came out to 56 points, rather than 55. I think this was due to the odd rounding you were doing. I don't know my Javascript, but replacing the code segment in traits.js with:

var multiplier = 100+enhLimSum+1/fCost/10;
fCost *= multiplier;
fCost *= 0.01;
fCost = Math.floor(fCost);

seems to do the trick.
Kraydak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 09:19 AM   #42
jcsp

I'm working on a way to print four of the NPC cards on a single page. Turns out to be tricky. I'll let you know when I get it to work.
Old 11-19-2016, 02:29 PM   #43
dom1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsp View Post
I'm working on a way to print four of the NPC cards on a single page. Turns out to be tricky. I'll let you know when I get it to work.
That will be a really useful feature, I've been playing around with the new 3e NPC card to generate random NPC's for my campaign and it works well so a way to print off these new characters en masse will be very welcome.

No problems encountered with the new features to date Jim but I'll keep testing ;)
dom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 10:00 PM   #44
Joseph Paul
Custom User Title

Alright I did a stoopid - The skills pick list has a grab bar at the top. Currently that bar is tucked under the header bar of the page and I can't 'grab' it with my cursor. Firefox on a Vista machine. How do I get it to move again?
Old 11-19-2016, 10:28 PM   #45
jcsp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Paul View Post
Alright I did a stoopid - The skills pick list has a grab bar at the top. Currently that bar is tucked under the header bar of the page and I can't 'grab' it with my cursor. Firefox on a Vista machine. How do I get it to move again?
Refreshing the page should restore the dialog box location to its default. Your character should be safely restored from the browser localstorage, but if it makes you nervous you can save before refreshing the page.

Jim
Old 11-19-2016, 10:34 PM   #46
jcsp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Paul View Post
By the by, I'm happy to find that there are GURPS players in my neighborhood! I'm down in Bloomington, where even the folks running the local game shop have never heard of GURPS.
Old 11-19-2016, 10:43 PM   #47
jcsp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraydak View Post
(1) Enhanced parry (1 Weapon) and Unarmed were costed at 6 points rather than 5. This is significant for DF characters.
Yep, that seems to have been a typo in my 4th edition library file. I will try to upload the edit to my site in the next day or two. Thanks for letting me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraydak View Post
(2) Shadowform (No Encumbrance +10%) came out to 56 points, rather than 55. I think this was due to the odd rounding you were doing. I don't know my Javascript, but replacing the code segment in traits.js with:

var multiplier = 100+enhLimSum+1/fCost/10;
fCost *= multiplier;
fCost *= 0.01;
fCost = Math.floor(fCost);

seems to do the trick.
Well, shoot. I assume if you saw the code you have edited above, you also saw my comment above it about the frustrations of javascript arithmetic. I will spend a little more time on that ridiculous line, and see if I can get it to come out right for both your case and the others I was trying to fix simultaneously.

Again, thank you for reporting!

Jim
Old 11-23-2016, 02:51 PM   #48
jcsp

I have posted a couple of changes to v1.8 on my website. I have corrected the rounding problem reported by Kraydak (also corrected the typo), and the corrected code has been added to the 'live' version on my website. The changes were not added to the download package; if anybody really needs that, please let me know, otherwise it will be part of v1.9.

I also added two NPC card sheet pages, one each for 3rd and 4th edition NPC cards. These should be considered very beta; they only work under certain conditions, which are described near the links. Still, when everything works you can now print out NPCs four per page.
Old 11-25-2016, 03:05 PM   #49
jcsp

I found some software I wrote a few years ago to generate names for fantasy culture characters: elves, dwarves, etc. The names you get are interesting, and sometimes good, so I decided to integrate it into JCSP; version 1.9 will include it.

If you need a name generator now, I also made that code into a little app on my website JCSP page. Look for the link just above the "JCSP updates" section header.
Old 11-26-2016, 01:12 PM   #50
Joseph Paul
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsp View Post
By the by, I'm happy to find that there are GURPS players in my neighborhood! I'm down in Bloomington, where even the folks running the local game shop have never heard of GURPS.
<Waves!> Have you found the circuit of Central Indiana gaming cons? Boosting the signal at those might prove fruitful.