Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-04-2019, 12:51 AM   #1
Plane

Default adapting Arm Lock into Jaw Lock

The process of grappling a body part and then gradually forcing it into positions it's not meant to go into to cause damage and eventually cripple the spot seems to emulate what I've seen a giant ape consistently do to a giant snake in pretty much every film adaptation I've seen of King Kong.

Kon grabs the upper and lower jaw and gradually pulls it wider and wider until the jaw breaks off) so I figure it should be called a "Jaw Lock" and I'm wondering how to change the Arm Lock technique to deal with the problems of a mouth/jaw.

This should be a downside to "Born Biter": you'd provide a lot more leverage to someone using "Jaw Lock" to try and break the jaw. This would be something really hard to do to a short-jawed creature like a human I think.

As you do this, the thing is going to be trying to clamp its jaw down and bite the hands pulling it open so it's hard to stat that contest. The broad "Joint Locks" on Technical Grappling 38 might be a good basis.
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 12:59 AM   #2
Refplace

Default Re: adapting Arm Lock into Jaw Lock

What I would consider a jaw lock is a bite for worry damage (Martial Arts) or perhaps adapting the Arm Lock technique to Brawling/Bite.

What I think of from your description is kind of Wrench Limb but on the jaw. I'd build it that way.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote