Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2018, 06:37 PM   #21
Puck
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Default Re: In Nomine: the Sandbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
A joke? Grrrr not funny. He doesn't say it, but it's written on his face. Ryuki clearly hopes someone else steps in to this conversation, but the two Warbees have a sudden fascination with the fried zucchini on the table. "You know," he says, barely audible, "every time you say that I take it as a challenge."
Mitch snags a chip and nods at Kyle "Marc's yes. Man, not so much, last I checked they don't have six eyes." He watches Ryuki and Sunae trade barbs "Come now, you two are friends or at least teammates. Lets have fewer ruffled feathers."
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 07:48 PM   #22
ladyarcana55
 
ladyarcana55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bellflower, CA
Default Re: In Nomine: the Sandbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
A joke? Grrrr not funny. He doesn't say it, but it's written on his face. Ryuki clearly hopes someone else steps in to this conversation, but the two Warbees have a sudden fascination with the fried zucchini on the table. "You know," he says, barely audible, "every time you say that I take it as a challenge."
"A challenge to what? You make it sound like I've said something like that before and I have not, so stop exaggerating. Should I take a page out of your book and say that since I don't feel I have a reason to apologize I'm not going to? I could and I should, but I won't. I realize I hurt your feelings and that was never my intention. I apologize for that. I thought you knew me better than that. I was wrong. I apologize for that oversight."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch snags a chip and nods at Kyle "Marc's yes. Man, not so much, last I checked they don't have six eyes." He watches Ryuki and Sunae trade barbs "Come now, you two are friends or at least teammates. Lets have fewer ruffled feathers."
"I agree with Mitch. This is not the time or the place and things have gotten awkward. I'm so sorry everyone. I can feel myself getting agitated so I will remove myself from the situation."

She gets up and gives everyone a brief nod before going to the bar. She sits at one of the stools and orders a cranberry juice.
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 05:29 AM   #23
tHEhERETIC
 
tHEhERETIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Life imitates art--I'm in Pohang
Default Re: In Nomine: the Sandbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch snags a chip and nods at Kyle "Marc's yes. Man, not so much, last I checked they don't have six eyes." He watches Ryuki and Sunae trade barbs "Come now, you two are friends or at least teammates. Lets have fewer ruffled feathers."
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
"A challenge to what? You make it sound like I've said something like that before and I have not, so stop exaggerating. Should I take a page out of your book and say that since I don't feel I have a reason to apologize I'm not going to? I could and I should, but I won't. I realize I hurt your feelings and that was never my intention. I apologize for that. I thought you knew me better than that. I was wrong. I apologize for that oversight."



"I agree with Mitch. This is not the time or the place and things have gotten awkward. I'm so sorry everyone. I can feel myself getting agitated so I will remove myself from the situation."

She gets up and gives everyone a brief nod before going to the bar. She sits at one of the stools and orders a cranberry juice.
Ryuki watches her walk away and sit at the bar. Once her back is turned to him, he waves at the bartender that he'll be picking up her tab.

"Now," he addresses mostly Mitch, "if she were an ordinary woman and I just another schmuck, my heart would prompt me to ignore her stated wish to be removed and I'd walk over there to try to make it better. But I won't, because that would be ignoring her stated wish." He sighs, and adds quietly, "she has probably heard every word I just said." He brings his voice back up to conversational level. "As it stands, I'm keeping an eye on the Lilim at the other table in case she decides to take advantage." He watches Kyle for a reaction but gets none--apparently he's aware she's there.

"There is so much I could say about this, but only to a willing audience."
__________________
Criminy...these two have enough issues, they can sell subscriptions! (ladyarcana55, in a PM)
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 08:28 PM   #24
ladyarcana55
 
ladyarcana55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bellflower, CA
Default Re: In Nomine: the Sandbox

Sunae sits at the bar for a few moments before calling the bartender. She puts down a five and orders an IPA. She doesn't really do anything, she just relaxes and enjoys the white noise of the din around her. She nurses her beer for a minute or two then heads back to the table.

She sits down, a bit more relaxed

"Sorry about earlier everyone. I was, and still am, a bit agitated. I got a new job and I am not entirely happy with it."

Last edited by ladyarcana55; 02-10-2018 at 12:20 PM.
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 05:23 AM   #25
tHEhERETIC
 
tHEhERETIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Life imitates art--I'm in Pohang
Default Re: In Nomine: the Sandbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
Sunae sits at the bar for a few moments before calling the bartender. She puts down a five and orders an IPA. She doesn't really do anything, she just relaxes and enjoys the white noise of the din around her. She nurses her beer for a minute or two then heads back to the table.

She sits down, a bit more relaxed

"Sorry about earlier everyone. I was, and still am, a bit agitated. I got a new job and I am not entirely happy with it."
He's introspective, contented, peaceably vindicated, comfortably multitasking and, he can't help it, slightly flirtatious. To those who don't know him he's simply sitting calmly and deciding which dip to use on the zucchini spear. "Yeah, that sucks. Is it true that soldiers always have three or four jobs? You'd think there'd be a better way."
__________________
Criminy...these two have enough issues, they can sell subscriptions! (ladyarcana55, in a PM)
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 08:25 AM   #26
ladyarcana55
 
ladyarcana55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bellflower, CA
Default Re: In Nomine: the Sandbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
He's introspective, contented, peaceably vindicated, comfortably multitasking and, he can't help it, slightly flirtatious. To those who don't know him he's simply sitting calmly and deciding which dip to use on the zucchini spear. "Yeah, that sucks. Is it true that soldiers always have three or four jobs? You'd think there'd be a better way."
"Depends on your definition of the word 'job'."

Last edited by ladyarcana55; 02-11-2018 at 12:42 PM.
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 08:22 PM   #27
chumley1013
 
chumley1013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Anaheim, CA
Default Re: In Nomine: the Sandbox

A tall, slender woman enters the bar, shoulder length hair colored almost black with purple and neon green streaks. It's styled almost like a mohawk, with shaved sides, but laying off to one side. Her dark eyes are ringed with black eyeliner, but it is smudged. A tribal pattern creeps up the left side of her neck and down her left arm, ending right below the wrist. She's wearing black, but distressed moto jeans, a Tune Squad tank top, and gray/iridescent purple Vans sneakers. She has a gray hoodie tied around her waist and a messenger bag from some lesser-known video game. She joins the group at their table.

"Sorry I was late, guys. Business meeting in Vegas ran a hell of a lot longer than I would have liked." Cameron sits down, smiling as very slight crow's feet crinkle around her eyes.
chumley1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 09:09 PM   #28
ladyarcana55
 
ladyarcana55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bellflower, CA
Default Re: In Nomine: the Sandbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
He's introspective, contented, peaceably vindicated, comfortably multitasking and, he can't help it, slightly flirtatious.
Sunae can't help it. She's still a woman and she likes the attention. But with her mask on tight only the most subtle gestures betray her thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumley1013 View Post
A tall, slender woman enters the bar, shoulder length hair colored almost black with purple and neon green streaks. It's styled almost like a mohawk, with shaved sides, but laying off to one side. Her dark eyes are ringed with black eyeliner, but it is smudged. A tribal pattern creeps up the left side of her neck and down her left arm, ending right below the wrist. She's wearing black, but distressed moto jeans, a Tune Squad tank top, and gray/iridescent purple Vans sneakers. She has a gray hoodie tied around her waist and a messenger bag from some lesser-known video game. She joins the group at their table.

"Sorry I was late, guys. Business meeting in Vegas ran a hell of a lot longer than I would have liked." Cameron sits down, smiling as very slight crow's feet crinkle around her eyes.
Sunae smiles a greeting to Cameron. She looks a little tired.

"Good to see you. You look like you had some fun"

Last edited by ladyarcana55; 02-11-2018 at 09:19 PM.
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 03:56 AM   #29
tHEhERETIC
 
tHEhERETIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Life imitates art--I'm in Pohang
Default Re: In Nomine: the Sandbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumley1013 View Post
"Sorry I was late, guys. Business meeting in Vegas ran a hell of a lot longer than I would have liked." Cameron sits down, smiling as very slight crow's feet crinkle around her eyes.
"Aw geez, hackers have meetings too?" It's not clear whether Ryuki is joking. "Do you also wear your least comfortable clothes and sit around a table pretending to take notes?"

"She's also a DJ."

"That's even more horrifying--DJs taking meetings."

"Of course," adds Kyle, getting into the spirit of things, "that means she holds at least two jobs. She'll fit right in."
__________________
Criminy...these two have enough issues, they can sell subscriptions! (ladyarcana55, in a PM)
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 09:57 PM   #30
ladyarcana55
 
ladyarcana55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bellflower, CA
Default Re: In Nomine: the Sandbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
"Aw geez, hackers have meetings too?" It's not clear whether Ryuki is joking. "Do you also wear your least comfortable clothes and sit around a table pretending to take notes?"

"She's also a DJ."

"That's even more horrifying--DJs taking meetings."

"Of course," adds Kyle, getting into the spirit of things, "that means she holds at least two jobs. She'll fit right in."
"What do you guys talk about in a DJ's meeting?"
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.