Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 03-25-2014, 11:46 AM   #1
lolnoobi

Default probelm in the game

hello,
ime and my friends played munchkin and there was a situation that my friend being in lvl 9 and he needed olny 1 monster to win this game and after he opened door card there was a monster but we support the monster and make it much stronger. he had the Kneepads of seduction card so he order my friend to help him therefore we search for another solution and we found one, after a while in the fight that my friend fought with the help of another friend we found out that my friend is a crook and he can steal one card from player after he drop 1 card of it's own and roll a cube with 4+ and he succeed and he steal his Kneepads of seduction card therefore my friend can't ask for any other friend help and he loses the fight/ but my friend opion was that he already asked for my friend help and even if he steal his Kneepads of seduction card he have to help him' but i said if he dont have the Kneepads of seduction card no matter when he stole it in the fight, if the fight wasn't finished therefore he cant ask for any friend help. what is your Solution of this situation?
lolnoobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 11:51 AM   #2
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Default Re: probelm in the game

1) You cannot use the Kneepads of Allure to force someone to help you when you're fighting for the win. If the Italian rules don't reflect that, then they are out of date.

2) A Thief cannot steal from a player who is currently in combat.

3) Assuming, however, that the player with the Kneepads used them legally to force someone to help (so, not for the win), and you found a legal way to get rid of the Kneepads, that wouldn't change the fact that the other player was helping in the fight. Once he's in, he's in. He doesn't have to slavishly assist, however; the helper is allowed to work against the munchkin side if he has a good reason to want them to lose.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 07:00 AM   #3
Remington

Hello,
can one be aided in combat at level 9 with the knee pads of seduction to defeat a monster to recover his treasure without winning the game? or kneepads are unusable at level 9?
Remington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 08:08 AM   #4
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remington View Post
Hello,
can one be aided in combat at level 9 with the knee pads of seduction to defeat a monster to recover his treasure without winning the game? or kneepads are unusable at level 9?
You cannot use the Kneepads at all if you are fighting for the win.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote