Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 07-23-2019, 07:29 AM   #291
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Lost in Dreams (Jane Doe)

Olive gets into the groove of things, and starts answering questions. The crowds become a sterile environment. Olive is surprised when she is informed she took the "Qualifications" part of the test for 1 hour, 43 minutes, and 57 seconds. The test recommends she be considered for a degree in archaeology, with a focus on the middle eastern bronze age. It also surmises she probably already has the degree and research should be done to locate it.

She has no clue why she knows such things.

Yuria appears "The test locked me out for a while. How did you do?"

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 09:38 PM   #292
Plane

"It says I might already have a degree... very strange. I don't know how useful it will be on a new planet though, seems more useful for studying one that's already been lived in"
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 10:52 AM   #293
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

"You're an archaeologist? wow! that's crazy! You do have a degree! you're more like us than you think!"

"Technically this planet DOES have life on it. We don't think its people life, but who better than an archaeologist to find out! We probably do have a few people who do that on board..."

Yuri's face goes blank for a second, then she walks over to one of the virtual chairs on the screens, lifts it over her head, and swings it at Olive. The chair remains completely bound to the screens, of course.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 08-06-2019, 08:06 PM   #294
Plane

"Oh... do you mean like plant life?" *looks at screen*
Old 08-08-2019, 12:04 PM   #295
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Yuri looks very confused, and swings the chair again. and again. After her fifth swing, she puts it down and sits on it. Her face is congenial again.

"You're telling me you haven't seen the animals yet? let me pull up the images."

A tressile of grapes turns into a screen (so she's looking at a screen of a screen) and it shows several 6 limbed starfish animals moving around on the planet surface from a bird's eye view (satellite view?) They seemed to be carrying something with them. Olive isn't sure just how big they are, but she has a suspicion they're on the larger end of animals.

Old 08-09-2019, 09:07 PM   #296
Plane

(heh sorry, I don't think I really processed what Yuri was doing when you described it)

"wha-?"

*flinches in response to the chair but realizes it's a hologram*

"what're you.."

*stares confused/worried the 4 more swings... wonders if that was some kind of joke or if perhaps Yuri might be coming down with what she's seen in the rest of the crew*

"No I hadn't, that's very interesting there are animals there... um... Yuri before you sat on that chair do you remember picking it up..?"
Old 08-13-2019, 07:47 AM   #297
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

"Umm... no, I don't remember moving it here. Why do you ask?"

"Its a fully developed ecosystem. I think they expected animals, didn't they? Though not so big. Those things set the record for largest living land animals. If you count them as animals, which I think will make the biologists get technical."

Old 08-14-2019, 10:42 PM   #298
Plane

"You seemed to have been moving it somewhat aggressively... do you know if there is video footage of our movements in these rooms that we can review?"
Old 08-20-2019, 09:29 AM   #299
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

"Yes, of course..."

The tressile turns into a screen again, and replays Yuri attempting to hit Olive with the chair. From this angel its much more obvious just how much malice is behind the attempt, and Olive's avatar is not protected by the difference in the screens. The image gets kind of weird around the interaction.

Yuri's eyes are wide: "I... I don't know what happened! I don't remember this. I don't want to hurt you. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry!"

Old 08-21-2019, 03:03 PM   #300
Plane

"I don't think that was you... I've experienced similar unexplained aggression from other passengers. I'd be interested in knowing if it's happened to anyone else... do you know who I might ask about other incidents like this, to see if anyone else has been attacked?"