Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:48 PM   #331
ladue

Default Re: Ogre Kickstarter

Simplest way would be to put a bunch of buildings out, with chits under them indicating what they "really" are. Swap out the buildings as they're properly located. It would work best if you've got extra buildings off the map that can be moved on as things are found and swapped. That way you get the visual of actual buildings, but don't know what they are until you actually attack.

Last edited by ladue; 04-18-2012 at 01:52 PM.
ladue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 02:30 PM   #332
D351

Quote:
Originally Posted by D351 View Post
Bite thy tongue! Now's the time for weird stretch goals... like Steve will record a music video of a song about Ogre and how awesome it is, then post it on youtube... Jingle Bells comes to mind.... Anybody else have fun suggestions?
Even better idea... On the day that SJG has access to the funds they post a video of Steve swimming in a giant pile of money.
D351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:43 PM   #333
Steve Jackson
President and EIC

Quote:
That would be very amusing..Perhaps the game will ship with several small pieces of cloth...
OFFICIAL OGRE CLOTH!
Steve Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:06 PM   #334
D351

BEST IDEA... Live 24-hour webcam somewhere in the SJG offices (preferrably somewhere Ogre work will be done). We could peep in on some area in the offices 24 hours a day... It would be a fun time.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:16 PM   #335
Buzzardo

Quote:
BEST IDEA... Live 24-hour webcam somewhere in the SJG offices (preferrably somewhere Ogre work will be done). We could peep in on some area in the offices 24 hours a day... It would be a fun time.
And if I worked for SJG, I'd instantly start working at home or find a new job. Not everyone wants to be under surveillance.
Buzzardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:24 PM   #336
D351

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzardo View Post
And if I worked for SJG, I'd instantly start working at home or find a new job. Not everyone wants to be under surveillance.
It could be ANY room. I wouldn't put it somewhere that people are at all day. One table in one room... or maybe a hallway intersection... I don't know. It seems like it'd be cool to me.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:15 PM   #337
Mister Ed

Quote:
It could be ANY room. I wouldn't put it somewhere that people are at all day. One table in one room... or maybe a hallway intersection... I don't know. It seems like it'd be cool to me.
It SEEMS like a cool idea, except in practice it would likely just amount to the same situation we have now, since probably everybody would avoid that spot except when they had some kind of tease or sneak peek to show (which they show us anyway). Actually it would be worse, since most people wouldn't be watching it all day, so any glimpses they showed via that method would be much less widespread than the ones they choose to show by other methods now.

Unless the goal is simply to watch folks walk past in a hallway all day. But I can do that at MY work. ;-)
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:28 PM   #338
D351

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
It SEEMS like a cool idea, except in practice it would likely just amount to the same situation we have now, since probably everybody would avoid that spot except when they had some kind of tease or sneak peek to show (which they show us anyway). Actually it would be worse, since most people wouldn't be watching it all day, so any glimpses they showed via that method would be much less widespread than the ones they choose to show by other methods now.

Unless the goal is simply to watch folks walk past in a hallway all day. But I can do that at MY work. ;-)
Fair enough... perhaps the problem is that SJ Games' offices aren't interesting enough... So, a stretch goal should involve a webcam and some kind of entertainment to go with it, robot battles maybe?
Old 04-18-2012, 07:55 PM   #339
Nick Fury

Quote:
Fair enough... perhaps the problem is that SJ Games' offices aren't interesting enough... So, a stretch goal should involve a webcam and some kind of entertainment to go with it, robot battles maybe?
You can watch FIRST robotics competitions. They are happening all across the country.

http://robotics.arc.nasa.gov/events/...rcwebcasts.php

You can also watch past matches on places like youtube.

I highly recommend it for entertaining robotic sport. Not to mention that the high school students building the robots are wicked smart.
Nick Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:59 PM   #340
D351

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Fury View Post
You can watch FIRST robotics competitions. They are happening all across the country.

http://robotics.arc.nasa.gov/events/...rcwebcasts.php

You can also watch past matches on places like youtube.

I highly recommend it for entertaining robotic sport. Not to mention that the high school students building the robots are wicked smart.
I'd just post "lol", but I know it'd be too short.