Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:48 AM   #311
Bowser

Default Re: Ogre Kickstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by coriolanus View Post
You did (I saw it, too). That's exactly why I have my current minimum pledge in. I'm _hoping_ to be able to pull off the $245 pledge, but I'm guarding my current $156 with my life. I can always go up at the end if I sacrifice enough rubber chickens, but I'd feel bad having to lower it back down to "just" one copy. :-(
Attention Steve: Please correct this assumption if wrong:

Coriolanus, I don't believe that you have to change your "pledge level option" to get more copies of the game: just change the $$$. For example, I was one of the lucky few to get the $200 "Name an Ogre" option which includes one copy of the game. But I added enough money to add two more full copies and when the SJG survey contacts me for my pledge details, I will state this. I am certainly NOT going to change my pledge level option and lose the "Name an Ogre" to get two additional copies of the game.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:11 AM   #312
CoachAsher

Quote:
Originally Posted by D351 View Post
Bite thy tongue! Now's the time for weird stretch goals... like Steve will record a music video of a song about Ogre and how awesome it is, then post it on youtube... Jingle Bells comes to mind.... Anybody else have fun suggestions?
CarWarsThulhu and three-surface maps.
CoachAsher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:14 AM   #313
alexondria

you know he could do something similar to the 10,000 dollar pledge on Shadowrun. For x really big pledge Steve Jackson will come and spend the evening playing Ogre with you.
alexondria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:22 AM   #314
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
Attention Steve: Please correct this assumption if wrong:

Coriolanus, I don't believe that you have to change your "pledge level option" to get more copies of the game: just change the $$$. For example, I was one of the lucky few to get the $200 "Name an Ogre" option which includes one copy of the game. But I added enough money to add two more full copies and when the SJG survey contacts me for my pledge details, I will state this. I am certainly NOT going to change my pledge level option and lose the "Name an Ogre" to get two additional copies of the game.
Bowser, That is a very interesting question. I did not read it that way at all. From what *I* see, your number of copies is based on your pledge level only, not the amount you tack on to the end of it. Extra $$$ goes to the SWAG extras, only.

Steve: If I'm correct, perhaps there will be a stipulation on the survey for "Additional Copies up to a total of three." Keeping in mind that most pledge levels allow for an additional copy at $95, not $100.

Last edited by GranitePenguin; 04-18-2012 at 08:26 AM. Reason: I don't want to limit to just the special case.
GranitePenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:15 AM   #315
Buzzardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryocarroll View Post
You're not obliged to have more stretch goals. At some point, you've got to say, "Look, if we pack any more into the box, the darn thing's going to collapse into a singularity under its own mass. So, no more stretch goals, 'kay? And please stop pledging, we're worried that the gummint will nationalise SJG and use the pledges to pay off the national debt." The most successful Kickstarter ever - the pebble watch, at four million bucks plus and still going gangbusters - has absolutely no stretch goals at all as far as I can see. Just pre-orders. So I think it's going to be OK to just not pack any more stuff into the game. There's got to be SOME limit to the stretch goal bonuses.
QFT. I would have pledged enough for two copies even if there were no bonuses, to support an old favorite of a game, my favorite game company, and the hobby in general. Much as I love the goodies, I can do without them, too.
Buzzardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:17 AM   #316
Buzzardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexondria View Post
you know he could do something similar to the 10,000 dollar pledge on Shadowrun. For x really big pledge Steve Jackson will come and spend the evening playing Ogre with you.
Or come to your school or business and teach a class on game design. I'd love that.
Buzzardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:20 AM   #317
Bowser

Quote:
Bowser, That is a very interesting question. I did not read it that way at all. From what *I* see, your number of copies is based on your pledge level only, not the amount you tack on to the end of it. Extra $$$ goes to the SWAG extras, only.

Steve: If I'm correct, perhaps there will be a stipulation on the survey for "Additional Copies up to a total of three." Keeping in mind that most pledge levels allow for an additional copy at $95, not $100.
Yeah, but they're called "radio buttons" for a reason: you can't do more than one at a time. Therefore, I couldn't get the "Name an Ogre" option AND get more than one copy of the game. That doesn't make sense, locking out higher options just to keep the lower option. I figure that SJG didn't list "the game" as an "extra" (because it's not really an extra), and all options of $100 or more include the game, and that there are "buy multiple game" options all of which have the game at $100 per copy.

The $4500 level gets you some really nice things, plusone copy of the game. But I'll bet if you pledged $4600, you could specify one "extra" copy of the game and get it!
Old 04-18-2012, 10:40 AM   #318
Cheese8242

Quote:
Yeah, but they're called "radio buttons" for a reason: you can't do more than one at a time. Therefore, I couldn't get the "Name an Ogre" option AND get more than one copy of the game. That doesn't make sense, locking out higher options just to keep the lower option. I figure that SJG didn't list "the game" as an "extra" (because it's not really an extra), and all options of $100 or more include the game, and that there are "buy multiple game" options all of which have the game at $100 per copy.

The $4500 level gets you some really nice things, plusone copy of the game. But I'll bet if you pledged $4600, you could specify one "extra" copy of the game and get it!
For the Artisan Dice Kickstarter project you could get multiple pledge levels. The way the creator of the project set up the project, he just had everyone choose one pledge level. Then when he sent out the survey he had a question where you specified what extra pledge level you wanted and how much extra you had added into your pledge to pay for it.

For example, I pledged $292 but set my pledge level to the $61 Ancient Bog Oak level. When the survey was sent out, I answered that I had also added $231 for a set of Ancient Kauri dice.

SJGames could do something similar, especially since they are already allowing you to pledge for extra items.

Edit:Changed link so it sent you to the Artisan Dice Kickstarter Main Page, instead of one of the Update pages.
MIB #4282

The Most Impressive Loser in the MQ Gauntlet

Last edited by Cheese8242; 04-18-2012 at 10:43 AM.
Cheese8242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:21 AM   #319
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
I mentioned the $95 instead of $100, because all the levels that have multiple copies are essentially adding copies at $95 (eg, the difference between $150 and $245 levels is $95), just in case you are over-pledging (if that's possible). I have no doubt that SJG will make sure you don't get hosed.

I personally can't wait to see your named Ogre in print. :-)
Old 04-18-2012, 12:55 PM   #320
Bowser

Quote:
I personally can't wait to see your named Ogre in print. :-)
Thanks! :)

"Bowser" originally was just a name I pulled out of my hat when I registered for these forums, but I've been a fan of Ogre since its second Metagaming printing. In fact, I think I still have all of the old Microgames, Microhistories, etc. Although I've used "Bowser" elsewhere, in my mind it is very closely related to Ogre.

If I get my choice (and I doubt if SJG does it this way), I'd choose to have BWZR (or as a alternative if we only get 3 letters, BWZ) put on a Combine Mk III or Mk III-B because a) "Bowser" seems to come out of a United States historical slang, and b) a junkyard dog is tough and brutal but not overwhelming enough to be a Mk V.

It's going to be hard to wait another 23 days, much less another 7 months! (Oh, wait! Maybe only 6 months!!!!)