Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 01-19-2018, 08:14 PM   #11
Brandy

Default Re: Bestiary Recommendation - What to buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHowl View Post
What TL are you talking about? A TL3 warrior is much more vulnerable than a TL8 soldier. Quite frankly, there are few animals that pose a significant threat to a TL8 civilian with a rifle and Kevlar body armor.
TL 2/3 Fantasy Warriors. Most (if not all, waiting to see sheets) in Light Encumbrance* or less.

*Note that one of the submitted sheets is ST:13, +4 Lifting Strength, so a light kit for that character is still 100 pounds of gear. I allow +2 Lift for anyone, and another +2 with a special exercises perk.
Old 01-19-2018, 08:17 PM   #12
Brandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmunoz View Post
I recommend getting a whole bunch of 3E bestiary books and then *ahem* looking down at my .sig.
I have the 3E bestiary. Some of the things that changed from 3e to 4e (ST levels, PD, HP derive from ST not HT, etc.) directly affect these builds and are honestly things I'd rather not have to give too much thought to. It would be nice to have resources that I could roll with as written.

I'll look through the links in your sig - thanks!
Old 01-19-2018, 10:41 PM   #13
AlexanderHowl

If you are doing a TL2/3 campaign, I would suggest just increasing the size of creature as if you were using selective breeding from Biotech (representing exceptional specimens or superior subspecies developed in isolation). For example, +1 SM is possible for selective breeding. Since a tiger already possesses SM+1, a superior specimen could have SM+2, giving it +5 ST (going from ST 17 to ST 22). In addition, with SM+2, selective breeding could give it a further ST+4 and an IQ+4, in addition to DX+1 and HT+3 (IQ+4 comes from the Scale modifier, as the text states that the scale modifier applies to brain modifications).

Such a specimen would have ST 26, DX 14, IQ 8, and HT 14 (and probably Will 14 and Per 16). With its Brawling-16 and Wrestling-16, it would deal 3d cutting with its bite and 3d cutting with is Claw, meaning that it could cripple or kill a human with a single attack (and would have an effective ST 28 for Wrestling purposes). With its Stealth-16, would have a decent chance of sneaking up on characters despite its size and, with IQ 8, it would be capable of limited tactical planning.
AlexanderHowl is offline   Reply With Quote