Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars

Old 12-29-2019, 07:29 PM   #11
beetle496

Default Re: Help Me Decide Which Set

I just noticed this bit of your comment…
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAA View Post
Surely they [the playmats] are for people who have all the cars and cards they want, and are then looking for EXTRA bling?
The Play Mats are not bling. They are not quite as arena-ish as I would like, but they are more essential to smooth play than extra miniatures and cards!

In the 80’s I built exactly one upscaled arena on the dining room table with masking tape. That was quite awful, and might well have been my last CW game. I am not sure I would have pledged without the Play Mat!

Quote:
The playmats' KS price is $45, so replacing them for the other 2 car boxes is almost equivalent, in fact its $10 cheaper. Also the size of these playmats might be a issue with the postage for the $140 set. Surely most people would want all four car sets in the $140 option rather than just 2 car sets and 2 playmats?
I think I understand you to be asking if you could substitute out the two play mats (included with Double Ace) for the two miniature sets that you are not getting (at Double Ace). SJG has responded to similar inquires on the KS forum, and the answer is a firm no.

Last edited by beetle496; 12-29-2019 at 07:34 PM. Reason: added additional reply
beetle496 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 11:10 AM   #12
baakyocalder

If you haven't acted yet, there's an Uncle Al's New Year's Special. $146 Double Ace pledge plus the Uncle Al's cards.

Stretch goals are now unlocking cars--at $600,000 the core set will get 2 more cars. Currently at $580k, so miniatures set 1 is at 5 cars and miniatures set 2 receives its 5th car next.

Waiting For: Schedule Sanity to Play Car Wars and my Fnordcon special alt Car Wars cards!
baakyocalder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 11:41 AM   #13
JAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by baakyocalder View Post
If you haven't acted yet, there's an Uncle Al's New Year's Special. $146 Double Ace pledge plus the Uncle Al's cards.

Stretch goals are now unlocking cars--at $600,000 the core set will get 2 more cars. Currently at $580k, so miniatures set 1 is at 5 cars and miniatures set 2 receives its 5th car next.
Yes, great news. Thanks for that, and thanks to everyone for answering my questions.

I signed onboard today for the Uncle Al New Year Deal. It is great as I wanted the Uncle Al addon, so it nice to get it at a steal. That was the clincher.
JAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 04:23 PM   #14
baakyocalder

Glad to see you in the autoduelling community, JAA.

May your dice be kind.

With all 4 miniatures packs, you'll end up with 32 cars in all!

Waiting For: Schedule Sanity to Play Car Wars and my Fnordcon special alt Car Wars cards!
baakyocalder is offline   Reply With Quote