Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 08-29-2014, 11:41 AM   #101
the_matrix_walker

Default Re: God Slayers [IC]

"I'm not very familiar with this Earth's funeral rites... But a warriors grave is often marked with his sword back home. If that is not practiced here, I could use any grave marker as a bludgeon."
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 12:41 PM   #102
LemmingLord

Bigfoot shrugs and suggests: "google?"
LemmingLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 12:47 PM   #103
the_matrix_walker

"I'm not familiar with that term. What is a 'google' ?"
Old 08-29-2014, 01:05 PM   #104
LemmingLord

Bigfoot points to babushka to answer.
LemmingLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 02:20 PM   #105
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Hut: "Google is a tool used on computers to find information. It is a common element of the internet. Googling proper weapons that have participated in funeral rights will require me to travel to a less remote location. I know of some museums with swords used in the burials rites of warriors, but given the age, condition, and value placed on these weapons, I think we're better off trying to find an ideally shaped tombstone."

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 02:59 PM   #106
Poonbahbah

"What?

Sorry I was lost in thought. What Hut said. A good solid tombstone with religious symbolism. Maybe more than one even.

I'll give a call to Mr. Myers and he should be able to throw a bunch of people at the problem to help out after I tell him what's been learned."
Old 09-11-2014, 11:41 PM   #107
the_matrix_walker

[Meanwhile, back on the ice....]

The Avatar of Ahvial raises his sword over his head in a gesture of triumph.

When he speaks, his words echo across the ice in an impossible bellow (an illusion generated by Ward's shadow).

"Is that all Resplendian? You have fled your chosen field of battle. Have I bested you so easily?"
Old 09-12-2014, 10:46 AM   #108
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The echo reverberates, then dies out. If Herazian is around, he's not responding. Of course, Ward can't sense him around, but if anyone is watching, it certainly did a lot to hurt Herazian's credibility.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Baba Yaga calls up Mr. Myers. He's a little unsure of her request at first (really? a big stone cross tombstone? you know we've nuked the guy?) but she talks him into putting a few hundred people on collecting these things. After a short time, he calls her back (or they travel down to headquarters to be near the action) with a report on an arsenel of weapons: large stone religious themed headstones are plentiful enough. nastier are the wrought iron crosses one agent tracked down: they can actually be used as weapons (axe) without using the improvised weapons rule. They're still working on an explosive with shrapnel that retains its shape well enough, but they are having trouble finding things that work -- they have lots of questions about that sort of thing.

--------------------------------------------------

back on the ice, ward catches glimpses of Herazian sticking a sword (one of many) in ice near the edge of his cloud.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 11:19 AM   #109
Poonbahbah

Baba Yaga will go down to be where the action, so to speak, is. She will intoduce the people shes with and more than likely she'll try to organize the searchers if they don't already seem to be sufficiently organized already. So everyone should be able to hear his report at the same time.

At the mention of the shrapnel idea Baba will say it might be slightly easier to weaponize prayer wheels as bullets. At least if they have any used in ceremonies for the dead. Which seems likely. Although making them small enough to fit as even a large caliber bullet will likely be a chore. Though maybe not as bad thanks to modern robotics. They could etch in the prayers a heck of a lot quicker than a person.
Old 09-12-2014, 02:09 PM   #110
the_matrix_walker

Ward's shadow shifts over to encompass some of the swords and begins pulling them out and casting them into the sea.

Tags
god slayers