Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-03-2018, 12:31 PM   #1
ChristopherPerrien

Default Content of "Battlefield" and GEV Map

Hi all,

I see much talk of a Battlefield addition to Ogre , and I can find no information as to what this set will contain besides 2 new maps. What other Units? Maps? Overlays? Scenarios?

I am looking and praying that the original GEV map will be sold at some point reasonably. Currently with OG6E + using GEV rules all you can play is Ogre scenarios without the canon G1 map because it has the only the original Ogre map.

The OGDE was/is prohibitively expensive for me and so is the Battlefields map set . I would almost say it is gouging to have the only option to buy the old GEV map (G1 I assume in the Battlefields map set) at a 1.5" hex scale is to buy that 4 map for $60-65, or of course buy OGDE at god knows what price, and shipping for either the map set or OGDE ? , I am no millionaire. Though I bought the new steam version and OG6E and then got Miniature#1 set and Reinforcements as a Chrema present so i'd like to use them for old GEV battles.

Basically I am looking for the G1 map to play canon GEV Ogre scenarios. without paying $60-150 + shipping for it as part of something else. I noticed on the KS page for the Miniatures 2 set , at a $75 donation level a GEV map is included. Is this the G1 map of the old game at 1.5' hex scale or which map is it?

I am about to print up my own GEV G1 map at a 1.5" scale and build it myself . so I can enjoy the game as it was. This intentional limiting of G1 map(GEV) to 2 high priced and extremely heavy sets, seems to go against the spirit of the original idea of Ogre the original pocket game. IMO , It should have been in the OG6E , I was disappointed it was not.

So will G1 ever show like as a folding type(auto) map? Or by itself ? or as part of a "cheap" addition to the game? and what else is in this new Battlefields thing?

Regards, from an OLD Ogre/GEV player

Last edited by ChristopherPerrien; 01-03-2018 at 01:52 PM.
ChristopherPerrien is offline   Reply With Quote