Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 08-15-2014, 03:03 AM   #11
Puppetminion

Default Re: #RPGaday Topic 14: Best Convention Purchase

Best thing I ever bought at a con was GURPS 3rd Edition...
Browsing a dealers table at a time when my group was over AD&D but having no real luck finding a replacement we liked. Had a significant impact on my hobby time ever since :)

My favourite setting is probably Cthulupunk, or rather that book made Cyberworld my favourite. It was my introduction to Cthulhu, and I'm still not a fan of that; but it somehow took the setting from meh to yippee. Did the same for cyberpunk as a genre- I'm prepping another Cyberworld game even now.
Puppetminion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 03:31 PM   #12
derendel

Best Convention purchase: I've bought a lot of things at conventions and lots of it has seen little to no actual use. I guess A Touch of Evil, the board game is my favorite and most used purchase.

Favorite Setting: I guess Transhuman Space. i think it might be the only one I've run that wasn't my own homebrew.
Old 08-15-2014, 09:04 PM   #13
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Best thing I ever bought at a con was a signed copy of The Last Unicorn. I don't imagine that Beagle is going to be making many more public appearances. As it is I had a very nice conversation with him where he told me a lovely story about his early career. I eventually had to pry myself away, which I still regret a bit. It isn't everyday that I get to have a conversation with a literary giant. It was one of those con moments were you seem to be the only person around that realizes who this is that you could be talking to. It wasn't an RPG purchase though.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 10:34 PM   #14
LemmingLord

Universalis. I haven't had the courage to try it face to face with others but I use it all the time to help create stories and resolve scenarios.
LemmingLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 11:10 PM   #15
Kalzazz

Best convention purchase . . . . no particularly cool convention purchases. I did get a really awesome sweet Werewolf LARP poster though

Favorite Setting - RPG setting, Technomancer or Shadowrun maybe, I love magic and firepower blends! Also quite like Earthdawn
Kalzazz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 01:34 PM   #16
Michael Cule

EVERWAY which I bought at the 1995 Worldcon in Glasgow. It was the summer of its release and I had the pleasure to sit down with Jonathon Tweet and have him explain the game to me before I bought it.

My favourite game setting would have to be Glorantha with Tekumel coming a close second.
Michael Cule is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#rpgaday, convention, conventions, rpgaday, setting