Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 11-29-2013, 11:26 AM   #1
CP Zeta

Default Ogre Miniatures events at GZG ECC XVII, Feb. 21-23, 2014

I'm running two Ogre Miniatures events at the Ground Zero Games East Coast Convention (GZG ECC XVII), which runs February 21-23, 2014, in Owego NY.

The Ogre Miniatures events run Saturday night ("NUTS!", 7pm-11pm) and Sunday morning ("Recon in Force", 9am-1pm). Both games are for all experience levels and there's room for 2-6 players in each. If they're popular enough I could squeak in a couple more players on the day. Pre-registration for all events starts December 1st.

I've been attending and running events at GZG ECC for three years (XVII will be my fourth) and it's a great little convention for miniatures gaming. It's two solid days of games and everyone puts in a lot of effort into their events and participation. For the first few years the con was dedicated to fans of Ground Zero Games' rulesets (Full Thrust, Dirtside, Stargrunt), but recently the con has opened to any game systems besides GZG rulesets. This'll be the first year Ogre events have been run. If you're also interested in any of the other events besides Ogre and it's close enough to you, please attend - little conventions like this thrive on numbers! :-)

Convention website: http://www.warpfish.com/gzgecc/gzgecc17/index.shtml
(my second Ogre event isn't listed in the event descriptions yet because I sent it in yesterday. . . But it's on for Sunday starting at 9am)

I'm planning on running more Ogre events at other cons next year, time and distance permitting. The next one will hopefully be at Hot Lead, in Stratford, Ontario, Canada sometime late-March 2014 (another good con for miniatures gaming).
CP Zeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 12:01 PM   #2
Mingo

Default Re: Ogre Miniatures events at GZG ECC XVII, Feb. 21-23, 2014

Sounds good. I am hoping to run some Ogre events in the midwest in 2014.

I am hoping we will see some Ogre at GenCon in Indianapolis next August!

Wish I could make it to NY, but I bet you will do okay with players. This new version of the game has lots of visual appeal, which attracts players at conventions.
Old 12-04-2013, 06:31 AM   #3
Talorien
Former Ogre Line Editor

Default Re: Ogre Miniatures events at GZG ECC XVII, Feb. 21-23, 2014

Very nice -- all the best for the events, and do post a scenario/game report and links to a picture album, if you take pics (we hope you'll take lots!).
Talorien is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
convention, ogre