Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 02-04-2018, 04:18 AM   #21
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Default Re: Battle Box?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColBosch View Post
I actually missed out on Armory Set 1. Not too big a deal, I can just buy multiples of the standard Set 1 as I want them. Besides, I've got a huge pile of metal to work through before Set 2 arrives.
I think this is the last of them:

http://amzn.to/2EEEjzp
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 11:39 AM   #22
Ashley

Given the interest in the miniatures what I would buy is maps with larger hexes for play with miniatures.

I suggest 2 inches, because the current designs would fit on a four-by-four mat.

They could be printed on mouse-mat material, which can be rolled.

It would be a nice extra product.

Blogs:
http://panther6actual.blogspot.co.uk/
http://ashleyrpollard.blogspot.co.uk/
Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 12:01 PM   #23
ColBosch

I'd love to see the maps in mouse-mat material. It could also be a way to satisfy at least some folks who want individual maps.

...you know, if they're going to be 4' anyway, I'd also be down with actual printed rugs, like those town rugs for toy cars. The hex numbers won't be legible, but as long as I can make out the hex sides and terrain, I'll do my entire apartment with them. I am not even kidding.
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 10:43 AM   #24
offsides

Quote:
I'd love to see the maps in mouse-mat material. It could also be a way to satisfy at least some folks who want individual maps.

...you know, if they're going to be 4' anyway, I'd also be down with actual printed rugs, like those town rugs for toy cars. The hex numbers won't be legible, but as long as I can make out the hex sides and terrain, I'll do my entire apartment with them. I am not even kidding.
My wife would kill me if I even suggested it, but at the same time I have to admit that's a brilliant idea. Just imagine, wall-to-wall hexes...
Joshua Megerman, SJGames MIB #5273 - Ogre AI Testing Division
offsides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 10:53 AM   #25
Mack_JB

Quote:
I'd buy mouse pad maps as well. I have the two that were offered for "Fleet Commander: Genesis" and they are a great addition for that game.

Imagine a roll up orange map of about 30" width such that it fits the standard cafeteria style table used in many game stores.
Mack_JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 11:14 AM   #26
Misplaced Buckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack_JB View Post
I'd buy mouse pad maps as well. I have the two that were offered for "Fleet Commander: Genesis" and they are a great addition for that game.

Imagine a roll up orange map of about 30" width such that it fits the standard cafeteria style table used in many game stores.
Many companies like the recent Corsair KS for DVG make the neoprene playmats a buy-in option and depending on some actions like the last one throw it in as an extra (The game had to fund in under a day). So this isn't something new but it is something seemly desirable by wargamers
Misplaced Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 02:32 PM   #27
ColBosch

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
I think this is the last of them:

http://amzn.to/2EEEjzp
These are showing as sold out as of today, so I hope everyone got what they needed! (I did; thanks, Phil.)
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote