Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 12-02-2008, 09:21 AM   #1
Astromancer

Default GURPS Lucifer-5?

Tales of the Solar Patrol may have this niche covered, but Lucifer-5 had so much style and flare. Any chance of seeing a PDF that would give the same kind of treatment to Lucifer-5 that the worlds in GURPS:Alternate Earths I & II got?
Astromancer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 09:35 AM   #2
tratclif

Default Re: GURPS Lucifer-5?

There were two Suppressed Transmission articles that dealt with what became Lucifer-5. It's a campaign world that Ken Hite was planning on running for his home campaign. It seems that Ken may have better gigs now than writing for SJ Games, unfortunately.
tratclif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 03:27 AM   #3
JamesG

Quote:
Originally Posted by tratclif
There were two Suppressed Transmission articles that dealt with what became Lucifer-5. It's a campaign world that Ken Hite was planning on running for his home campaign. It seems that Ken may have better gigs now than writing for SJ Games, unfortunately.
Ken has better gigs than writing Suppressed Transmission, he's still got projects ongoing for SJ Games, including a new edition of a 3rd Ed book that he mentioned at Dragonmeet on Saturday and which I am now eagerly looking forward to...
JamesG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 03:33 AM   #4
Jürgen Hubert

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG
Ken has better gigs than writing Suppressed Transmission, he's still got projects ongoing for SJ Games, including a new edition of a 3rd Ed book that he mentioned at Dragonmeet on Saturday and which I am now eagerly looking forward to...
Horror. It has to be GURPS Horror 4E.

For if GURPS Horror 4E is not written by Ken Hite, I will...

Well, I don't quite know yet what I will do, but SJG had better not underestimate German ingenuity! ;)
Old 12-03-2008, 08:09 AM   #5
ClayDowling

3e Horror is perfectly usable with 4e. I'm doing it currently.
ClayDowling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:58 AM   #6
hackbarth

Just as 3e Space is. But the money on my 4e Space was money well spent :-)
Old 12-03-2008, 10:33 AM   #7
Rowan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astromancer
Tales of the Solar Patrol may have this niche covered, but Lucifer-5 had so much style and flare. Any chance of seeing a PDF that would give the same kind of treatment to Lucifer-5 that the worlds in GURPS:Alternate Earths I & II got?
I'm sorry.. what was Lucifer-5 again? I don't have my books out here. Was that the world that went mostly communist and they totally borked up their ecosystem so now the planet's slowly dying out?
Old 12-03-2008, 11:20 AM   #8
tratclif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan
I'm sorry.. what was Lucifer-5 again? I don't have my books out here. Was that the world that went mostly communist and they totally borked up their ecosystem so now the planet's slowly dying out?
Lenin-2 is the hell world.

On Lucifer-5, whatever hit Tunguska on Homeline hit St Petersburg in Russia instead, leaving behind traces of "astronium and petrinium." Those new elements power atomic torch drives, and the Great Powers are in a colonial scramble across the solar system.
tratclif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:44 PM   #9
flyingwombat

I thought of two Lucifer-5 adventure settings. Both involving Infinity. But at least one could be set as self-contained adventure.
flyingwombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:11 AM   #10
Astromancer

I think that there is so much pulpy goodness in Lucifer-5. The TL6+? sci-fi pulppiness, with diplomatic intrigue on Earth (plus the rest of this 1930's/1920's/1890's strange politics and social set-up), Indianna Jones meets C.L.Moore Mars(with generous lashings of Victorian Egypt, British Raj, Moorcockian fantasy, Lovecraftian horror, and Cabal-conspiracy), a Jungle Adventure meets Pellucidar Venus, and so much more wild goodness. The three way struggle between Infinity, Centrum, and the Cabal, plus the fact the locals will find out, what a game!
Astromancer is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
lucifer-5