Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Resources

Old 03-26-2014, 01:29 PM   #11
Gauthic

Default Re: GURPS Game Aids: Computer Programs

I've also just finished a tool that I've just got feature-complete: a GM Control Sheet. There are (probably always be) bugs, but now that the features are all in, I can squish in any of 'em we find.

http://jdgwf.github.io/gurps-web-tools/

Feel free to fork or contribute:
https://github.com/jdgwf/gurps-web-tools

Like haplessthrall, it's an HTML5 web app using localStorage and can be ran from your local machine. I'm targeting iPad sized devices for minimum usage -- too many fields to easily be used on a phone sized device.

Last edited by Gauthic; 03-26-2014 at 01:39 PM.
Gauthic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:34 AM   #12
'Grape

It looks like Basic Speed is being calculated based on ST and HT rather than DX and HT when you add characters to the GM Control Sheet.
'Grape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 12:45 PM   #13
Gauthic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Grape View Post
It looks like Basic Speed is being calculated based on ST and HT rather than DX and HT when you add characters to the GM Control Sheet.
Thank you for catching that -- typos happen :D
Old 06-23-2014, 02:35 PM   #14
Honken

I just thought I'd mention Fantasy Grounds (a VTT) do support GURPS 4e. For those of you that has no gaming group close at hand.

/H
Honken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:20 AM   #15
Vlad

Thanks for the control sheet - going to give it a try this weekend with some DF. Looks very efficient!
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:38 AM   #16
Gauthic

Thanks, Vlad.

I've been working more on some personal Theatre stuff the last 8 weeks (I'm Sir Robin in the local community theatre's rendition of Spamalot) and I'll get back on this once my group starts back on GURPS (we were in a Savage Worlds campaign for the last 6 months).

Hopefully I'll have time in between personal projects to do more than just bugfixes soon. If you post an issue on the GitHub project (or PM me), I'll get to those at first priority though.
Old 06-24-2014, 01:30 PM   #17
Vlad

I have used spreadsheets for bigger combats in the past but in order to keep all sorts of secondary and tertiary stats that may come up, each NPC ends up with a ridiculous number of columns of info and it gets very taxing to scan repeatedly. By breaking the information into the basics with an easy way to dive deeper, I'm certain it will help enormously. If I note any issues I will be sure to comment.

It looks like the data gets stored locally, right? That means I better wait till I get home to start statting.
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 01:35 PM   #18
Gauthic

Yes, but there are JSON Export and Import functions - so your could email yourself the text data to whatever device you want to place it on :)

Import and Export Buttons:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d8hz9azitu...2014.34.37.png
Old 06-27-2014, 12:13 PM   #19
nick_coffin

Version 5 of the Ritual Path Magic Designer web app is now available at the usual URL: http://gurps-monsterhunters.appspot.com/.

Changes include:
  • Design tab: In-line adding or changing ritual modifiers (i.e., no more popup with a drop-down list of modifiers - this is now directly in the modifier table)
  • Gather tab: Fixed the bug where a roll of 17 was not considered a failure at high skill levels

I intended to add a feature to the Gather tab to let the user change the number of turns a caster could gather energy before accumulating a -1 penalty to his effective skill (the default is 3 in RAW) based on some conversations in the forums. But that didn't make the latest release. Its a simple change, so it should be there soon.
nick_coffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:47 AM   #20
nick_coffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_coffin View Post
I intended to add a feature to the Gather tab to let the user change the number of turns a caster could gather energy before accumulating a -1 penalty to his effective skill (the default is 3 in RAW) based on some conversations in the forums. But that didn't make the latest release. Its a simple change, so it should be there soon.
The number of gather attempts per -1 penalty is now configurable on the Gather tab.
nick_coffin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
programs, resources