Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Character Assistant

Old 01-12-2015, 09:42 PM   #321
tmedwards

Default Re: Updated / New Character Sheets

Announcing Phoenix r66 (requires GCA 4.0.423 or later). [ Download: http://www.motoslave.net/thom/gca/phoenix/ ]

Phoenix r66 highlights:
  • Added a new option to both the Melee and Ranged Attacks blocks to control whether all equipment based attacks or only those in the current load-out print, when printing equipment based attacks (default: disabled).

GCA4 resources: GCA Repository, Phoenix (r66), GMCS (2.17), Bookish (r12)
tmedwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 05:20 AM   #322
tmedwards

Announcing Phoenix r67 (requires GCA 4.0.423 or later). [ Download: http://www.motoslave.net/thom/gca/phoenix/ ]

Phoenix r67 highlights:
  • Added a new option to the Scratch Pad block to control whether it uses all of the remaining space in its column (default: disabled).

Old 09-18-2016, 09:35 AM   #323
Grakhirt

Can Phoenix character sheet show the FP of a power item? I added the modifier (which is then shown under the equipment description) but I found no way to show the stored FP.
Grakhirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 02:24 PM   #324
Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grakhirt View Post
Can Phoenix character sheet show the FP of a power item? I added the modifier (which is then shown under the equipment description) but I found no way to show the stored FP.
I have to check when I get home, but it might be considered "ammunition" for Phœnix's internals.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 03:38 PM   #325
tmedwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grakhirt View Post
I'm assuming you mean checkboxes.

First, do the following:
  1. Go to the Wound/Usage Recording Options section.
  2. Check the General (in Wound/Usage block) checkbox under the Print the selected checkboxes, if their traits exist: option.
You now have a choice.

You can enable the "When printing general checkboxes, grandfather ER and PI traits without a checkbox() tag?" option—again under the Wound/Usage Recording Options section. That will get you a set of checkboxes with the "Power Item" label—assuming that the modifier you're using gives to the Power Item stat.

Alternatively, you can edit the item in question and add a "checkbox" tag to it, whose value should be the number of FP available. That you get you a set of checkboxes unique to the item—by unique, I mean that the label will reflect the item's full name (name + name extension).

Last edited by tmedwards; 09-19-2016 at 03:51 PM.
Old 09-25-2016, 10:40 AM   #326
Grakhirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmedwards View Post
I'm assuming you mean checkboxes.

First, do the following:
  1. Go to the Wound/Usage Recording Options section.
  2. Check the General (in Wound/Usage block) checkbox under the Print the selected checkboxes, if their traits exist: option.
You now have a choice.

You can enable the "When printing general checkboxes, grandfather ER and PI traits without a checkbox() tag?" option—again under the Wound/Usage Recording Options section. That will get you a set of checkboxes with the "Power Item" label—assuming that the modifier you're using gives to the Power Item stat.

Thomas, thanks a lot it worked perfectly.
Grakhirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 04:18 PM   #327
rkbrown419

Sorry if this has been asked before (couldn't find it when I looked). Is there a way to set up a sheet so that if it's printed to a PDF the current HP and FP boxes or coresponding check marks are editable. I'm thinking such a sheet could be sent to a tablet and used in play and save a lot of paper especially for npc's.
rkbrown419 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 04:25 PM   #328
Armin
GCA Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbrown419 View Post
Sorry if this has been asked before (couldn't find it when I looked). Is there a way to set up a sheet so that if it's printed to a PDF the current HP and FP boxes or coresponding check marks are editable. I'm thinking such a sheet could be sent to a tablet and used in play and save a lot of paper especially for npc's.
I'm afraid not, no. You'd have to use Acrobat or something like that to do it manually.

I'll make a note about this, though. Maybe there's something that can be done down the line.
Old 08-24-2020, 01:45 PM   #329
NightHawk

Can the Phoenix character sheet show the advantage before the components so that it would look more like.

Advantage name
modifiers
advantage name
modifiers

Rules are like guidlines and are viewed differently depending on which side you are standing on!
NightHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 07:33 PM   #330
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightHawk View Post
Can the Phoenix character sheet show the advantage before the components so that it would look more like.
The default behavior is to put the trait name first then the modifiers. From your sample it looks like you're talking about putting the modifiers on a new line, is that what you mean?

Instead of:

Advantage (Modifier)

you want:

Advantage
Modifier

I'm not aware of an option to do that, but you can set it up to Highlight the Trait Name & Level to make it more distinguishable from the Modifiers.

Tools -> Character Sheet Options -> Phoenix -> Template/Advantage/Disadvantage Options -> Hightlight trait names and levels?
Kaboom-baya.
ericbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote