Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-31-2009, 09:03 AM   #10
Sam Baughn

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and some other bits.
Default Re: Imperial Marines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander View Post
The skill lists in GURPS Special Ops really are this long. Anything meant to be performed in the field and under pressure is usually at skill 14+. If anything, I was conservative compared to the writeups there, most of which would come out to 500+ points in 4e.
I don't think any of the templates in Special Ops would come to more than 300 points in 4e. The most expensive template in the book is the US Navy SEAL at 200 points. With an additional 70 points for attributes (IQ & DX @ 14) and another 9 points to bring the 18 half-point skills up to one point each, you only get up to 279. That's without taking advantages of some of the more generous defaults in 4e (for instance, you only need one high level Guns skill to be competent with all guns) and things like talents and secondary characteristics which can be optimised to bring the points down a bit.

As for housekeeping, I'd say that keeping your quarters in order is part of the Soldier or Crewman skills.
Sam Baughn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
custom setting, flat black, military sf, occupational templates, space marines, templates