Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip > The Fantasy Trip: House Rules

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-15-2019, 11:30 PM   #4
JLV

Default Re: Dragon Skin Armor

It's interesting that some of you would assume my comments were based on the "morality" of the situation (though I suppose you could assume that via my use of the term "faux pas"). I'm not much in judgement of people's morals.

My thought is that a dragon would do his absolute best to discourage other people from skinning dragons. And if word got out that someone was doing that, I suspect other dragons, even if they didn't particularly like one another, might get together to do something about it.

Cows aren't intelligent, which defeats the purpose of your comparison. Likewise, I have yet to see a warrior wear a necklace of human teeth (unless he was a cannibal...or an SS goon, maybe), and anyone who goes around sporting trophies from humans is generally looked upon askance by other warriors (at least in my experience with actual warriors). Shrunken heads are usually there for ceremonial reasons (often magical) in the tribes that use them, and aren't often carried into battle since they can be damaged as a result. Just sayin'
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote