Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 12-11-2017, 11:46 AM   #11
AlexanderHowl

Default Re: Striker Parries and Follow-Up Techniques

I think that Striker (Limb) with either Extra Arm or Extra Legs could work. You could use your Extra Legs for lower body grapples and, if you have five or six legs, you could potentially move at a reduced rate while using two of them for a lower body grapple. With seven or more legs, you could even potentially have multiple lower body grapples with reduced move.
AlexanderHowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 12:13 PM   #12
Cowrie

The thing is, it doesn't have any fine manipulatory ability to speak of that would make this qualify for being called an arm, and, to address the idea of making it an extra leg, it doesn't provide any additional stability, so that doesn't really fit either. It's an appendage that's relatively globular in shape but has enough "flex" to it that I can see it being able to performs grapples, locks and pins, but not anything requiring more precision.
Cowrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 09:30 AM   #13
chandley

Looks like renaming Cotton Stomach to something that matches the flavor of the striker would be the way to go. That allows a one-handed grapple using DX (or whichever techniques default to Brawling, there are a few I think).

A technique adaptation similar to Clinch (but, I suppose, in reverse) or Biting Mastery would get you Wrestling/Sumo/Judo to work with this unusually flexible yet hard as a weapon striker.

Edit: On the side of calling it an arm: An arm with a paw is No Fine Manipulators on an arm, and can grapple. Perhaps you want some variant on an Extra Arm with Missing Hand, Ham-Fisted, or Bad Grip and Limb (Striker)... or if it has no other manipulators, One Arm and Limb (Striker).

Last edited by chandley; 12-12-2017 at 09:33 AM.
chandley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 10:41 AM   #14
Anthony

It's probably perk-level to be able to do one specific thing that normally requires a hand.