Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 02-17-2017, 08:45 PM   #21
AmesJainchill

Default Re: Pyramid #3/100: Pyramid Secrets

Quote:
GURPS High-Tech demonstrates the success of countless firearms throughout the years, but what about those which almost made it? In Infinite Weapons, Hans-Christian Vortisch rescues guns which might have become huge successes in another timeline, from repeating flintlocks to synthetic assassins' pistols. Use these to add color and flavor to your GURPS Infinite Worlds game -- or any other campaign!
An interesting crossover of GURPS and Forgotten Weapons.
AmesJainchill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 09:21 PM   #22
J. Edward Tremlett

100 issues! Happy day :)

Congrats to one and all. This is a great and glorious thing
It is a terrible thing to fall into the hands of the Living God (Heb. 10:31)

"Or the light that never, never warms" (Boc. 6:55)

Read SPYGOD. Behold my Linked In

Buy my (SJ Games) stuff.
J. Edward Tremlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 10:20 PM   #23
Langy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK View Post
I also wanted to thank two Christophers.

Christopher "Ghostdancer" Rice worked tirelessly to address my comments when I saw the potential for his article (which originally diverged a bit from PU5) to become a true expansion for that book. I strongly recommend giving this system a try; he isn't exaggerating when he says it can replace Luck, etc.

And Christopher "not on these forums" Conrad is my Dungeon Fantasy GM; he came up with the core ideas of our article when one of our players asked, "Where are the gods of trade and money?" I'm really proud of what we ended up with, and it's worked out great for that Tycoon-heavy PC in our games.
A God of Commerce is one of the primary deities in my D&D 5e campaign; one of the defining features of their cult is the ability to create and enforce contracts via divine magic.

My players have damned their soul-bound contract's open-ended clauses rather a few times as what at first seemed like a simple mission wound up requiring quite a bit more.
Langy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 12:08 AM   #24
scc

You know, I'm surprised that tithing made it in, about a year ago I made a thread on Student Debt in DF and Kromm suggest -1% of income per -1.
scc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 01:34 AM   #25
Tyneras

Impulse Points are one of those things I'd take with me in a GURPS-Only time machine to get it into the Basic Set.

I am enamored of combining Aspected or Doubly Aspected Impulse Points and Styles (both combat and other).

How would I make VP that only apply if you violate a pact, code of honor, or other condition? Mitigator is the first thing that jumps to mind, but there might be something more elegant.

Would a valid variant of the Ham Clause (Action 1 p20) be giving the GM 1 VP per -5 points of disadvantage and considering the disadvantage appropriately discharged?
Old 02-18-2017, 11:14 AM   #26
Michael Thayne

Curious to know about any details from Hans-Christian Vortisch's research for the Red Eye pistol that didn't make it into the article. In particular, I was under the impression that all such designs for "plastic" guns still required metal firing pins. Did he find otherwise in his research?
Michael Thayne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 11:18 AM   #27
Michael Thayne

Also curious if we're ever going to get a write-up for the T'Wuffle in a Designer's Notes article. I'm guessing there was a fuller write-up that got cut, since the paragraph we have hints at Discriminatory Smell, Extra Arms / Legs, Voice, Low TL, Social Stigma (Barbarian), Xenophilia, and maybe Chummy.
Michael Thayne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 12:17 PM   #28
Pragmatic
Ceci n'est pas une tag.

Re: Fashion article

What pieces would make up the ST:DS9 (late Dominion war) uniform? I think it's some form of jumper, long-sleeve (color coded) shirt, and jacket?

What options are there in Ultra-Tech to add light (ballistic, maybe?) armor and integrated color-changing (so the dark gray can be changed to the color-coding)?
Old 02-18-2017, 12:23 PM   #29
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmatic View Post
Re: Fashion article

What options are there in Ultra-Tech to add light (ballistic, maybe?) armor and integrated color-changing (so the dark gray can be changed to the color-coding)?
Pyramid 3/95 Ultra Tech Armor Design will help you here. It lets you figure armor by weight and thickness. I wouldn't count the armor cost towards fashion bonus though.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 12:28 PM   #30
mhd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostdancer View Post
:Awesome! That'e the idea. I hope it completely replaces metagame traits for some games.
Does this include Weirdness Magnet?
mhd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
partial injury expanded, pyramid 3/100