Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Warehouse 23 > Warehouse 23 Digital

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 01:30 PM   #601
SCAR

Default Re: The 2013 e23 Releases and Speculation Thread

There were 26 GURPS releases on e23 in 2008, and 24 in 2009 (by my records/calculations), which is over half way there, and those aren't counting Pyramid, which was in a different format at that time. Add a few In Nomine releases, and you're almost there so it doesn't seem outside the realm of possibility.
Old 08-03-2013, 04:52 PM   #602
robkelk
Untitled

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
Won't those things take as much (or more) time to produce as GURPS books? Are there really 40 (or 38) new things each year just sitting around waiting to go out the door?
They'd probably need roughly as much time to produce - they don't need to go through real-world fact-checking, but the artwork is specialized.

However, they don't go through Kromm and PK; they go through AA Beth - she can oversee an IN release while the gentlemen oversee a GURPS release or two. There's the opportunity for parallel development in the early stage of the process. (Similarly, Loren could work on a Traveller release at the same time...)
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
Old 08-03-2013, 06:22 PM   #603
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkelk View Post
They'd probably need roughly as much time to produce - they don't need to go through real-world fact-checking, but the artwork is specialized.

However, they don't go through Kromm and PK; they go through AA Beth - she can oversee an IN release while the gentlemen oversee a GURPS release or two. There's the opportunity for parallel development in the early stage of the process. (Similarly, Loren could work on a Traveller release at the same time...)
So what is the issue with INominee then?
Not enough submissions?
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Old 08-03-2013, 11:19 PM   #604
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
So what is the issue with INominee then?
Not enough submissions?
Small audience and not enough resources. SJG is a great company but it can't do everything all the time. IN is a low priority even compared to GURPS, never mind to Munchkin.

That said, the audience does tend to be dedicated. :) As far as submissions, I've put in one (quite a while back) and have ideas for a couple more.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Old 08-03-2013, 11:58 PM   #605
RevBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinR View Post
Once everything is in PDF and people are sitting idle, they could start converting to epub or whatever ebook format wins out...
Believe me, I'm doing some work on that concept. Not for-the-company work, but getting familiar with the architecture in my off hours. (My Kobo uses EPUB, and sometimes I feel the need to...tinker.)

It's appalling how much truly horrible EPUB code is getting put out by even big-name publishers and industry-standard software. In fact, I participated in a convention panel on the subject back at the end of June.

Looking for a St. Aosbczkcs medal.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:30 AM   #606
Rasputin

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkelk View Post
Well, they'd only need 38 new releases, not 40 - I've never seen e23 publish in the weeks of July 4 or December 25.
You haven't been looking very hard. I'm not saying it will happen this year or even ever again (I'm almost dead sure it won't happen this year), but it has happened.

My GURPS blog.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:00 AM   #607
Langy

I'm going to predict that there'll be a new GURPS release for the first time in a long while (not including Pyramid) next week for GenCon, probably Technical Grappling, RPM, or Zombies; if I were SJG, I'd be pushing for Zombies, since it's the bigger book and I'd want to start with a splash.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:04 AM   #608
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langy View Post
I'm going to predict that there'll be a new GURPS release for the first time in a long while (not including Pyramid) next week for GenCon, probably Technical Grappling, RPM, or Zombies; if I were SJG, I'd be pushing for Zombies, since it's the bigger book and I'd want to start with a splash.
Maybe it'll be a DOUBLE release!

I'd bet RPM or Zombies, and really Zombies. The only thing I'd rather do were I SJG, but given the update schedule I don't think they can pull it off, is to have a physical book (Zombies or Discworld) for distribution at the convention.
Old 08-07-2013, 01:49 PM   #609
Peter Knutsen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langy View Post
A physical book might be nice for SJ Games for Gen Con, having something to show off and to sell at a booth, and AFAIK only GURPS Zombies is planned to have a print version. I imagine GURPS players and GMs would prefer RPM, but then again I'm not sure how much clamouring there is for Grappling, as I don't pay much attention to Martial Arts threads. RPM would also be my preference. GURPS has been around for decades, and really deserves a better magic system.
Old 08-07-2013, 02:07 PM   #610
Christopher R. Rice

Anyone want to toss any predictions in the ring (and when)?

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Closed Thread

Tags
2013, e23, speculation